AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, and Era Training Center LLC have announced plans to open an AgustaWestland Authorized Training Centre in South America. Era Training Center will provide training services using an AW139 Level 6 Synthetic Flight Training Device (FTD) designed, developed and supplied by AgustaWestland. Offshore operators will benefit from specific mission training services once the Authorized Training Centre achieves operational readiness. John Ponsonby, Senior Vice President Training, AgustaWestland said â€œThis latest announcement together with such a leading world class operator provides clear evidence of AgustaWestland evolving strategy in the training services field. This is aimed at getting to our growing number of customers for the world best selling medium twin type by providing Regional Training Centers supporting type conversion, recurrent and operational role training. The partnering with Era Training Center LLC will provide regional training services to our customersâ€.
Era Training Center LLC is a joint venture between Era Group Inc. and FRASCA International. Era Group boasts a large AgustaWestland fleet today including 22 AW119Ke single engine, 7 AW109 Power light twin and 23 AW139 helicopters. Era Groupâ€™s existing AW139 fleet has been deployed worldwide, including Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, Argentina and Brazil.Â The AW139 is a new generation medium twin-turbine helicopter setting new standards in its class. To date, orders for over 500 AW139 helicopters have been placed by more than 140 customers from approximately 50 countries to carry out a wide range of missions including offshore transport, law enforcement and homeland security duties, EMS/SAR, utility, fire fighting, VIP/corporate transport, and other government roles.
Through the training academies headquartered in Italy, UK and USA, AgustaWestland enjoys an enviable track record in successfully training both commercial and military pilots and maintainers from all over the world. Training programmes are tailored to meet a customer’s individual needs and operational requirements using established analytical processes. Training solutions and services are designed, developed and delivered through the entire lifecycle of the product to meet the demands of long-term operational support. Extensive use is made of multi-media tools and an expanding range of synthetic training devices ranging from e-learning, part-task maintenance and procedures trainers through to full mission and flight simulators. Era Training Center LLC provides sophisticated, multidisciplinary helicopter flight training through innovative programs and state-of-the-art Flight Simulator Training Devices (FSTDs). ETC holds a CFR Part 142 Certificate, designating it as a FAA-approved training center. ETC offers diverse training programs that are provided to a wide array of helicopter personnel.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales