AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is exhibiting the AW169 helicopter at Heli-Expo 2011 (Orlando, FL, 6th â€“ 8th March) for the first time. Unveiled at the Farnborough International Airshow in July 2010, the AW169 programme is progressing as planned with the first flight scheduled in 2012 with certification at the end of 2014 and start of deliveries immediately afterwards. A versatile, new generation twin-engine light intermediate category helicopter, the AW169 has been designed in response to the growing market demand for higher mission flexibility and multi-role capability in the 4.5 ton class and to meet the current and anticipated stringent requirements of commercial and government operators worldwide. The AW169 will be certified in accordance with the latest amendment of JAR/FAR 29 and JAR-OPS3. In particular, it will be compliant for Category A, Class 1 Operations and IFR Single and Dual Pilot Operations.
The aircraft incorporates several new technology features to provide the highest levels of safety and operational benefits for customers. Next generation technologies are embedded in the rotors, blades, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation & distribution systems. Key design criteria for the AW169 are multi-role capability, optimized for several applications with the focus being on utility roles, role flexibility through a modular concept for rapid re-configuration, performance with high payload in hot-and-high environments. New generation technologies, high levels of crashworthiness and an environment friendly design are also key features of the AW169. The spacious, unobstructed cabin space with constant section geometry can accommodate 8 or 10 persons. Alternatively, two longitudinally or transversally mounted stretchers can be accommodated. The AW169 offers high safety standards with high rotor clearance, OEI capability in all flight phases, engine burst containment protection and a 30-min MGB run-dry capability.
Environmental friendliness is core to the AW169 highly efficient design giving low CO2 emissions, a low noise signature and low maintenance. New generation advanced FADEC-controlled Pratt & Whitney Canada PW210 turboshaft engines will power the AW169 delivering maximum efficiency and low emissions. Advanced rotor aerodynamics with a new blade design will give a very low external noise signature, well below regulatory limits, making the AW169 an eco-friendly helicopter. The AW169 has been engineered with high TBOs (Time Between Overhaul) for the power plant and all the main components, with a limited number of life-limited parts, high reliability and low maintenance requirements to maximise operational effectiveness. Thanks to its modern design features and capabilities, the AW169 is aiming to be the most advanced and cost/effective solution for EMS/SAR, law enforcement, passenger transport, offshore transport and utility markets. A wide range of equipments will be available so that each AW169 can be customised to each customerâ€™s requirements.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- Daegu Fire Department to take delivery of new AW169
- NHV orders two AW169 for offshore operations
- AW169 helicopter to enter offshore operations in Africa
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- 27-Oct-18 G-VSKP Leonardo AW169 Leicester, UK (5F)
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- London Oxford Airport welcomes newest tenant
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169