H+S Aviation, a BBA Aviation Engine Repair and Overhaul (ERO) group company, received EASA certification for its PT6T test cell in January, 2011. H+S Aviation is authorized by Pratt & Whitney Canada as a Distributor and Designated Overhaul Facility (DDOF) for the PT6T Twin-PacÂ®. The addition of EASA test cell approval means H+S Aviation is now fully equipped to perform repair and overhaul on site including engine testing.
â€œWith the receipt of EASA certification we now have everything we need in-house for total repair and overhaul services on the PT6T,â€ stated BBA Aviation ERO President Hugh McElroy. â€œWe received our DDOF authorization in early 2010 and have completed more than a dozen engine modules during the year, plus the siteâ€™s first full overhaul in December. Now with the test cell fully correlated and EASA certified we can offer complete service on site.â€
The PT6T engine testing system is located in H+S Aviationâ€™s Test Cell #5 which features a 3,000 shp hydraulic dynamometer, data acquisition system, acoustic intake and exhaust systems, instrumentation and air, fuel, water and oil systems.
â€œWe are a global company and are growing our services to keep pace with an expanding worldwide demand for services,â€ continued McElroy. â€œWith DDOF authorizations at both H+S Aviation in England and at Dallas Airmotive in the United States, we can effectively cover the globe with solutions forÂ Â Â Twin-Pac operators.â€
Twin-Pac engines are used on Agusta/Bell Model 412 and Bell 212 helicopters and also on the Sikorsky S-58T. These helicopters are commonly used for offshore transport and heavy duty utility operations.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas