Extends training relationship that has lasted more than 20 years and implements AECâ€™s AS350 Level B Full Flight Simulator as an integral part of the departmentâ€™s training program
American Eurocopter announced today that the Texas Department of Public Safety has signed a simulator training contract with the companyâ€™s Training Center in Grand Prairie, Texas. The contract allows the Texas DPS to dry lease American Eurocopterâ€™s AS350 Level B Full Flight Simulator (FFS) so that DPS instructors can train their own pilots.
To facilitate the simulator training, three DPS Area Training Officers have already completed AS350 Simulator instructor courses at American Eurocopterâ€™s Training Center. Training is scheduled to begin on Monday, March 7.
â€œThis contract emphasizes the appeal of our AS350 Level B FFS and highlights one of the ways we can work with our customers to meet their training requirements,â€ explained Del Livingston, American Eurocopter Vice President of Flight Operations and Training. â€œOur American Eurocopter training team has worked with the Texas DPS since the early 1990â€™s. We are excited to continue our long relationship and working with them as they incorporate the latest technology into their training program and helping them take advantage of the value and benefits of our simulator training.â€
â€œWe have been training with American Eurocopter for more than 20 years,â€ said Bill Nabors, Texas DPS Chief Pilot. â€œTraining with the manufacturer allows us to take advantage of their expertise and to standardize our training. By incorporating American Eurocopterâ€™s advanced AS350 simulator into our training program, we can do more training in a shorter amount of time. It also allows us to maximize our training budget without incurring additional maintenance costs, and we can train anytime day or night, regardless of the weather.â€
American Eurocopterâ€™s AS350 Level B FFS was designed to provide flight and mission training. Programs are customizable for individual customer missions, environments and scenarios. It is equipped with a full-motion platform and is convertible from AS350 B2 to AS350 B3. It has a full cabin for â€œtrueâ€ Crew Resource Management (CRM) training and features VEMD, NVG, auto pilot, FLIR Star Safire III (including hand controller, TV and IR mode), AeroComputers moving map, and a SpectraLab SX-16 slaved searchlight.
The AS350 Level B FFS provides training options for aircraft emergency procedures, CRM, NVG, Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), and Airborne Law Enforcement (ALE). After the training period, flight crews will review their training experience at the Debriefing Station, which doubles as a Tactical Command Console for Chief Pilots, Unit Commanders and Incident Commanders to direct the parameters of the simulation.
For more information about American Eurocopterâ€™s AS350 Level B FFS, its training packages, or American Eurocopterâ€™s Training Center, stop by Eurocopterâ€™s Heli-Expo booth #4637 or contact [email protected]
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase