AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica Company, is pleased to announce that Firefly S.p.A of Chile has taken delivery of an AW119Ke single engine helicopter. The aircraft will be used to perform corporate transport missions. The delivery marks the entrance of the AW119Ke into the Chilean helicopter market.
AgustaWestland has previously sold and delivered to the Carabineros de Chile four law enforcement-configured AW109 Power light twin helicopters. The company has also sold a Grand light twin to a private customer in 2010 for corporate transport purposes.
The Chilean commercial helicopter market is offering great opportunities, particularly for corporate transport, aerial filming and tourism. The AW119Ke and the Grand models have been chosen thanks to their outstanding levels of performance, reliability, safety, cabin space and cost effectiveness in their respective classes. Disaster relief and fire fighting-configured AW119Kes have been successfully used to support local community following the earthquake in 2010 confirming typeâ€™s operational effectiveness and capability.
The AW119Ke is AgustaWestlandâ€™s answer to worldwide demand for a high performance, modern, multi-role single-engine helicopter and it has achieved great success in many markets for VIP/corporate transport, EMS, offshore transport, utility and fire fighting applications. Around 190 helicopters have been ordered by over 90 customers in approximately 30 countries so far.
- 02-Dec-20 N669SS Leonardo AW119Kx Philadelphia, US-Pennsylvania
- Israeli Air Force to expand AW119 fleet to 12
- SAFE delivers AW119 maintenance stands to NY Dept of Environmental Protection
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119