Enstrom Helicopter Corporation has signed a purchase agreement with Aero Facility Co. Ltd., Enstromâ€™s representative in Japan, for the second of a planned 30 TH-480B turbine training helicopter procurement for the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force.Â The agreement, signed at Enstromâ€™s Booth during the HAI Expo in Orlando, FL, calls for delivery of the aircraft to Japan in August of 2011, with final delivery to the JGSDF in February of 2012.
â€œThis next aircraft represents a continuation of the process started last year to build up the JGSDFâ€™s TH-480B fleet,â€ said Mitsuo Hattori, Aviation Director of Aero Facility.Â â€œWe will deliver the second aircraft for instructor training in early 2012, and then continue delivering the remainder of the fleet through 2014.â€
â€œThis is an important program for Enstrom,â€ says Enstromâ€™s Director of Sales & Marketing, Tracy Biegler.Â â€œItâ€™s allowing us to grow the company and refine our organization.Â What we are doing today in Japan will benefit all of our customers down the road.â€Â Biegler sees the TH-480B contract as laying the groundwork for a bright future. â€œThere is a lot of activity in the military training market and Enstrom is positioning itself, through product and process improvements, to build on these recent successes.â€
The TH-480B is the JGSDF designation for the Enstrom 480B light turbine helicopter. Enstrom was chosen in a competitive bidding process over two formidable manufacturers in February of 2010 to replace the JGSDF fleet of training helicopters.Â The first TH-480B was delivered to the JGSDF in February of 2011.
Enstrom is represented in Asia by Blake & DeJong Ltd., and in Japan by Aero Facility Co. Ltd.Â Â Â For more information on Blake & DeJong Ltd., please contactÂ [email protected].Â For more information on Aero Facility, please visitwww.aero.co.jp.
Founded in 1959, Enstrom Helicopter Corporation manufactures a complete line of helicopters. The three-seat, piston-powered F28F and 280FX are popular training, sport, and light commercial aircraft. The larger turbine-powered 480B is available as a three-place advanced trainer and patrol aircraft, a 2+2 four seat training helicopter, or as a three to five place executive transport. For law enforcement applications Enstrom produces an optionally equipped variant of the 480B, known as the Guardian, and the F28F, called the Sentinel. Enstrom can be found on the Internet atÂ www.enstromhelicopter.com.
- 10-Oct-20 N899RT Enstrom 480B Putnam, US-Connecticut
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- 22-Mar-19 OK-CLV Enstrom 480 Slavoňov, Czech Republic (2F)
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation