The latest Defence Helicopter, the NH90 has successfully executed its first night. The flights took place Tuesday night from Marine Air Station De Kooy in Den Helder.
During the flights, the potential and limitations of night vision equipment evaluated. Also, patients and Search and Rescue flight tested. In the coming weeks there are several test flights will take place.
Until 2012, a total of 20 NH90’s delivered. The first 12 aircraft’s NH90 NFH (Nato Frigate Helicopter) are stationed with 860 Squadron at Marine Air Station De Kooy (MVKK). They are used for maritime and amphibious combat operations from naval vessels and tactical transport operations. In addition, they also stand-by for search and rescue operations.
The remaining 8 helicopters are commonly known NFH NH90 Transport’s (TNFH). These helicopters are stationed at Gilze-Rijen Airbase in 300 Squadron of the Royal Air Force and assigned to transport duties.
The multi-purpose NH90 eventually replace both the Lynx maritime helicopters and the AB-412 rescue helicopters.NH90 flies for the first time at night with night visionDefense Minister Hans Hillen: “We are very pleased. Our people are safe, what a wonderful news.” Immediately after the release, their families informed.
(Electronic translation of press release issued in Dutch)
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces
- Royal Netherlands Air Force sends replacement NH90 to Curacao
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA