MD Helicopters, Inc (MDHI), a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters, and Sagem are demonstrating the Sagem ICGS Display System in Booths 1618 (MDHI) and 1937 (Sagem) at Heli-Expo 2011, held March 5th â€“ 8th at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando,Florida.Â MD Helicopters will feature the Sagem unit in its MD 530FÂ® helicopter, on display for the duration of the show.
Sagem ICDS Display System: The Dual SAGEM ICDS-8 displays interface with aircraft systems to provide a centralized display for integration, computation, and control. The displays provide information to the pilot in alphanumeric text and graphic formats to provide enhanced situational awareness, increased flight safety and efficiency, and a reduced pilot workload.
In the MD 500 series configuration, the dual ICDS-8 displays will provide the pilot with Primary Flight Display, a Multi-Function Display for Navigation and Video Information, and Engine Instrument and Crew Alerting System (EICAS) information. These displays replace virtually all the old instrumentation of the original MD aircraft, and consolidate additional functionality in direct view of the pilot. Certification of the Sagem ICDS Display system is expected during 2Q11.
Equipped with the 650 shp Rolls Royce 250-C30 engine and longer main-rotor blades, the MD 530F is the companyâ€™s finest high-altitude, hot-day performer.Â When compared to the MD 500E, the 530Fâ€™s tailboom is extended eight inches, and the tail rotor blades are also lengthenedÂ to provide increased thrust and directional control at high altitudes.
The MD 530F increases the operational capabilities, enabling greater mission versatility and performance. This dependable workhorse has greater take-off power at significantly higher hover ceiling levels than its competitors, with in-ground-effect hover capability of 16,000 feet ISA.Â The MD 530F also retains the family characteristics of speed, agility, low direct operating costs and the ability to operate with ease in confined spaces.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center