EMTEQ will begin delivery of FC Exterior Lighting to be installed on MD Helicoptersâ€™ MD 900 and MD 500 series helicopter production programs in 2Q2011.Â Lighting for the MD 600 series helicopter will follow later this year.Â MD Helicopters selected EMTEQ to design and manufacture LED exterior lighting provisions including dual mode anti-collision, position and tail lights.Â This change to the production line allows MD Helicopters to offer their customers improved operational readiness, aircraft visibility, and maintenance savings.
The exterior lights for the MD 900 have passed flight testing and are certified on the helicopterâ€™s type certificate.Â Lights for the MD 500 series aircraft have received TSO certification, and will complete flight testing and type certificate certification shortly.
While selected for new production aircraft, EMTEQâ€™s products specific to these platforms will also be available before the end of 2011 for aftermarket installations designed as a direct replacement to the current product.Â EMTEQâ€™s exterior lighting, branded FC Exterior Lighting, offers a history of quality Swiss engineering utilizing the latest in LED technology and integrated optics for lightweight, easily customized packaging and maximum electrical performance. FC Exterior Lights are also installed as standard and optional equipment on several platforms.Â EMTEQ also holds ETSO/TSO for many of their exterior lights on both fixed and rotor wing aircraft.
EMTEQâ€™s exterior lights will be installed on the MD900 and MD500 displayed by MD Helicopters at the 2011 Heli-Expo.
About EMTEQ and Its Partners
Incorporated in 1996, EMTEQ offers an extensive selection of innovative, value add products and services for both retrofit and forward fit applications in the air transport, government systems, and corporate markets. Products range from avionics systems installation kits, to interior lighting and CMS, to exterior lighting and structural modification kits. To complement this product offering is EMTEQâ€™s unsurpassed product engineering and design, FAA/EASA/Transport Canada certification and consulting services, and comprehensive program management. Employing more than 400 employees worldwide, offices and manufacturing facilities are located in Miramar, Florida; Winnipeg, Canada; Montreal, Canada; TaubatÃ©, Brazil; BachenbÃ¼lach, Switzerland; and strategic partner Cable Technology Inc. in Great Falls, Montana. EMTEQ complies with EN/JSIQ/AS9100:2004, ISO9001:2008, or EN9100:2003 standards backed with FAA/EASA Part 145 Repair Stations and global technical support. Learn more about EMTEQ and its partners at www.emteq.com.
About MD Helicopters, Inc.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters.Â The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance.Â The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD ExplorerÂ®, and single engine versions of the MD 600NÂ®, MD 520NÂ®, MD 500EÂ® and MD 530FÂ®. The NOTARÂ® system for anti-torque control is used exclusively by MD Helicopters. The Company is based in Mesa, AZ.Â For more information about MDHI visit http://www.mdhelicopters.com
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report