Sikorsky Aerospace Services’ (SAS) commercial maintenance facility in Coatesville, Penn., announced today completion of comprehensive modifications to a Sikorsky S-76B(TM) helicopter for export to Germany’s Heliservice International GmbH. Originally designed for VIP transport missions, the aircraft has been reconfigured and is currently equipped to perform specialty maintenance operations on windmill farms throughout Germany. The SAS’ Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility offers full service completions, refurbishments, maintenance, aircraft delivery support, and other services and products for Sikorsky as well as MD, Bell, Eurocopter and Agusta Westland aircraft. SAS is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The announcement was made at the Heli-Expo industry trade show this week in Orlando, Fla.
“SAS MRO successfully executed several complex modifications – transforming the VIP configured S-76B helicopter into an aircraft equipped for completely different applications,” said Joe Coleman, Director of SAS Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul. “We are excited about our commercial upgrade capabilities at our Coatesville facility and look forward to continuing to meet customization requirements for our operators worldwide.”
The modifications were completed within four months. The aircraft customization included installation of a side sliding door; a Goodrich hoist; and complete interior overhaul for 12-person utility capacity with all new interior panels, overhead LED lighting, new seating and floor covering. Air-conditioning was adapted to the new interior along with a belt mount for securing the hoist operator.
Other variants of this interior can be installed for a variety of mission profiles including off-shore transportation, search and rescue and emergency medical services aircraft. Each modification is tailored to the customer’s specific mission requirements.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. Its Sikorsky Aerospace Services business designs and applies advanced logistics and supply chain solutions for commercial rotary, military rotary and fixed wing operators. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program