Ministry Health Care announced that its Ministry Spirit Medical Transportation Service (Spirit) will begin to operate a helicopter ambulance from a Ministry Saint Maryâ€™s Hospital base in Rhinelander in June, 2011.
In 2010, Spirit was unable to respond to 190 requests for air transport services due to other transports being already in process or to the aircraft being out of service for maintenance. 61% of these requests originated in the Northwoods.
The placement of an additional helicopter in Rhinelander will increase the availability and the effective range of the service, and it will reduce the response time to Northwoods patients.
â€œTime is a critical factor in the outcome of treatment for trauma, heart attack, and stroke victims, â€œ said Dr. Heong Pâ€™ng, Medical Director of the Spirit Ministry Medical Transportation service. â€œBasing a helicopter in the Northwoods will dramatically reduce the time it takes to transport patients to the regionâ€™s trauma and specialty referral centers in Marshfield and Weston/Wausau.â€
Northern Region CEO and President of Ministry Sacred Heart and Saint Maryâ€™s Hospitals, Monica Hilt, noted that â€œthis is evidence of Ministryâ€™s continued commitment and willingness to invest in appropriate technology and resources that contribute to the cost-effective delivery of best-practice outcomes to our patients and the communities we serve.â€
Ministryâ€™s Spirit currently provides air and inter-facility ground ambulance transportation services to residents of central and northern Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan. The serviceâ€™s existing EC 145 helicopter is dispatched from Ministry Saint Josephâ€™s Hospital in Marshfield, while its ground ambulances operate from dispatch centers in Marshfield, Stevens Point, Weston, Woodruff, and Rhinelander. Its Weston base at Ministry Saint Clareâ€™s Hospital also includes an advanced life support intercept service that supports the paramedic staffed ambulances of Weston and surrounding communities.
The Ministry Spirit aircraft are owned and operated by Air Methods, of Englewood, Colorado. Air Methods expects the Rhinelander-based AS350 helicopter to be in service by June 1, 2011. Flight nurses and other medical personnel are employed by Ministry Health Care.
The Spirit Medical Transportation Service works closely with first responders, emergency medical personnel and other medical professionals throughout the region to keep patients first. It is operated by Ministry Health Care, an integrated system of hospitals, clinics, and related services that are sponsored by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. The systemâ€™s operations include 15 hospitals and 52 clinics that serve communities throughout central and northern Wisconsin, and southeastern Minnesota. Ministryâ€™s mission as a Catholic health care system is to further the healing ministry of Jesus by continually improving the health and well-being of all people, especially the poor, in the communities it serves.
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- 03-Dec-18 HB-ZCM Airbus AS350 Arbedo-Castione, Switzerland
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)