Malaysian offshore operator Weststar Aviation Services has taken delivery of the last three of the nine AgustaWestland AW139s it ordered, primarily for supporting offshore oil and gas operations in the country.Â The three were delivered today to Kualan Lumpur’s Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah airport courtesy of an Antonov AN124 freighter.
Six AW139s will be based at Kertih, with the remaining three at Sultan Ismail Petra Airport in Pengkalan Chepa.Â Weststar, reputedly the fourth biggest AW139 offshoreÂ operator in the world, provides helicopter services to oil and gas companies including Esso Production Malaysia and Petronas Carigali, among others.
â€œWe are sure the AW139 with its outstanding performance, comfort and safety, will prove to be extremely successful in the overall offshore market in the region,â€ said Syed Azman, who is looking to further expand its business into the regional offshore oil and gas operations.
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate