Patria has brought a new helicopter maintenance hangar into use in Utti. In 2010, the City of Kouvola built a 2,800-square-metre maintenance hangar, now leased by Patria. The hangar entered use at the end of January 2011.
The need for maintenance space stems from the plan between Patria and the defence administration concerning the regular maintenance of helicopters. The maintenance hangar fulfils the requirements of the Utti Jaeger Regimentâ€™s operations while complementing the helicopter maintenance operations to be created on Patriaâ€™s premises in Halli, JÃ¤msÃ¤.
â€˜The co-operation with the City of Kouvola has been smooth. The maintenance hangar is in an excellent location, guaranteeing continued seamless co-operation with the Utti Jaeger Regiment. Co-operation in helicopter maintenance is a long-term project, providing continuity and stability for the operations in this area,â€™ says President of Patria Aviation Lassi Matikainen.
â€˜The benefits include the jobs created by the project, which also makes it possible to begin training related to this field in Utti. Also, in the design and construction of the building, we have taken into consideration all possible future expansion of the maintenance operations,â€™ continues Matikainen.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week