Midlands Air Ambulance has awarded dedicated fundraiser Pat Stokes a very special life-time achievement award.
Charity Director Hanna Sebright personally delivered the award last week to say thank you to Pat for dedicating almost two decades of her life to raising more than Â£1 million for the Charity.
Mrs Stokes, of Bridgeford Avenue in Branston, started fund-raising in March 1994 alongside her husband Graham, who has also played a huge role in helping the Charity.Â The couple held regular fund-raising events at their home for almost two decades, raising thousands of pounds each time.
After receiving the crystal trophy Pat saidÂ â€œItâ€™s a lovely feeling to be presented with this award and to feel appreciated. Receiving this is better than getting an MBE or OBE in my eyes.â€
Pat announced her retirement from fundraising last month so that she could dedicate her time to caring for her husband Graham.
Hanna Sebright, Charity Director at Midlands Air Ambulance saysÂ â€œIt is an honour and privilege to have awarded Pat with this life-time achievement award. Over the many years that she has been volunteering for Midlands Air Ambulance Pat has raised over Â£1 million for the Charity. Pat and her husband Graham have been fundraising for Midlands Air Ambulance for 17 years, since 1994. They are very well known in Burton on Trent and Patâ€™s journalistic background has ensured that the profile of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity and its crew at Tatenhill Airbase have remained in public view.â€
HeliHub.com editor note – Midlands Air Ambulance operates three EC135s from bases at Cosford, Strensham and Tatenhill.Â More information at http://www.midlandsairambulance.com
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White