Managing Director of Ryan Aerospace (Australia), Chris RyanÂ said he was delighted to receive news yesterday that theÂ he had been nominated as a finalist in the prestigious Endeavour Awards hosted by Manufacturers’ Monthly.
The Helimod Helicopter Simulator is a finalist in the following categories:
- Technology Application of the Year; and
- Industrial Product of the Year.
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner in Melbourne, AustraliaÂ on 25 May 2011.
The Helimod Helicopter Simulator has been very well-received at a number ofÂ exhibitions over the last year including trade shows in London, Paris, Orlando, Melbourne and Brisbane. This has been due toÂ this product beingÂ modular, re-configurable and excellent value for money whilst still beingÂ robust enough to withstand the toughest military applications.
New manufacturing methods and application of technology have been key to the success of the Helimod along with understanding the changing needs of customers and defense budgets.
Pictured below is the Helimod with a Bell 206 module attached to it but these modules can be interchanged quickly and easily to represent different aircraft types without having to buy a whole new simulator.
– Mission rehearsal
– Combined Arms Training (CATS)
– Part-task trainer (PTT)
– Emergency procedures
– NAV training / IFR / GPS approach
– Lab work / testing
– Human factors analysis
– DIS role player
– Weather avoidance / interaction
– Crew resource management (with optional rear cabin and airframe cockpit enclosure)
– Displays at trade shows / events (for recruiting agencies etc.)
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence