Managing Director of Ryan Aerospace (Australia), Chris RyanÂ said he was delighted to receive news yesterday that theÂ he had been nominated as a finalist in the prestigious Endeavour Awards hosted by Manufacturers’ Monthly.
The Helimod Helicopter Simulator is a finalist in the following categories:
- Technology Application of the Year; and
- Industrial Product of the Year.
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner in Melbourne, AustraliaÂ on 25 May 2011.
The Helimod Helicopter Simulator has been very well-received at a number ofÂ exhibitions over the last year including trade shows in London, Paris, Orlando, Melbourne and Brisbane. This has been due toÂ this product beingÂ modular, re-configurable and excellent value for money whilst still beingÂ robust enough to withstand the toughest military applications.
New manufacturing methods and application of technology have been key to the success of the Helimod along with understanding the changing needs of customers and defense budgets.
Pictured below is the Helimod with a Bell 206 module attached to it but these modules can be interchanged quickly and easily to represent different aircraft types without having to buy a whole new simulator.
– Mission rehearsal
– Combined Arms Training (CATS)
– Part-task trainer (PTT)
– Emergency procedures
– NAV training / IFR / GPS approach
– Lab work / testing
– Human factors analysis
– DIS role player
– Weather avoidance / interaction
– Crew resource management (with optional rear cabin and airframe cockpit enclosure)
– Displays at trade shows / events (for recruiting agencies etc.)
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator