The European aerospace and defence Group EADS further fostered its position as top employer by recently having been awarded in all its four European home countries. While the Group and its Divisions received the â€œRandstadâ€ award in Germany, France, and Spain, the research institutes â€œtrendenceâ€ and â€œUniversumâ€ ranked EADS as most preferred employer for engineers in France. In the UK, engineering graduates rated Airbus as second most preferred company in the TARGET Graduate Recruitment study.
â€œAs a future oriented company we always attach the greatest importance to attracting young talents and highly qualified employees. Thus, we feel honoured by our excellent employer reputation being recently expressed by students and graduates across Europe. These awards confirm our efforts to permanently foster our personnel policy and encourages us to further spur the close dialogue with our future employees,â€ said Jussi ItÃ¤vuori, Head of EADS Human Resources.
EADS and its Divisions have been given the Randstad Award as most attractive employer in three of its home countries: While Airbus received the award in Germany and Eurocopter in France, the entire EADS Group was awarded in Spain. The Randstad Award is based on interviews with 10,000 potential employees aged between 18 and 65, and covers students and people in work as well as job-seekers. The questions cover topics such as job security, salary levels, the atmosphere at work as well as work-life balance. EADS was particularly impressive in the categories of training quality, interesting job content and good levels of pay.
Moreover, in France, EADS has won top spot in two well-known employer studies both of which indicate that the aerospace and defence sector is constantly gaining in attractiveness: Universum rated EADS number one in the rankings of most popular employers for engineers for the seventh year in a row. The survey involved questioning almost 11,500 engineering students â€“ 54% of whom were male and 46% female â€“ who were able to choose between a total of 130 companies. Also the research institute trendence, which focuses on personnel marketing, gave EADS a first place ranking in the field of engineering sciences: in its study of French graduates, â€œBaromÃ¨tre Etudiantsâ€, 12,000 future engineers from France were asked to name their preferred company. The graduates covered by the survey attached particular importance to performing meaningful work, which should be well balanced with personal life. In the UK, Airbus has been awarded with the TARGET Graduate Recruitment Award as the second most popular employer for engineering graduates. This represents the third year in sequence that Airbus has been recognized in one of the top two positions in the UK.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2010, the Group â€“ comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter â€“ generated revenues of â‚¬ 45.8 billion and employed a workforce of nearly 122,000.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual