The Public Utility 061 emergency has set up a new heliport located in the town of Vera. This infrastructure is the third of the 15 provided in the provincial network, designed for helicopters from the 061, and whose implementation will require an investment of approximately EUR 1.1 million, funded by European Regional Development Fund ( ERDF).
With the launch of the heliport, AlmerÃa already has three Public Health Emergency heliports in operation. Following existing pads at the Hospital of the Immaculate in HuÃ©rcal-Overa and another recently opened in PulpÃ, Vera becomes the third in operation.Â Plans are in place for four more in the towns of Albox, Seron, Maria and Carboneras for 2012 implementation.
Vera’s heliport is built on land donated by the city and is situated on the outskirts of the town, at the end of the street Alzor de Vera, with clear approach and departure paths for dawn-to-dusk operations.
This new resource is one of 70 helipads to be in the state of Andalusia, including 15 to be located in the province of Almeria. By arranging their location by geographical criteria, dispersion, isolation, and population growth, these helipads form a well-planned strategic network to provide access from more distant towns as well as central hospitals.
Here at HeliHub.com it does make us wonder why the helicopters cannot land directly at the required pick-up site and the priority be put into ensuring every hospital has ideal facilities to ensure the minimum of time wasted between landing and the Emergency Department.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue