Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced the signing of an annually renewable contract providing in-country maintenance in support of the Colombian Army UH-60 BLACK HAWK fleet. Twenty-one Sikorsky-trained technicians will perform Phase Maintenance Inspections and 120 hour inspections at the Aviation Maintenance Base in Tolemaida to help ensure fleet mission readiness for combat operations. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket division of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
“With the third-largest fleet of BLACK HAWK helicopters in the world,Â ColombiaÂ is an anchor customer inÂ Latin America. Our in-country line maintenance support will enhance the operational readiness of the Colombian Armed Services,” saidÂ David Adler, president of Sikorsky Aerospace Services. Â “The SAS maintenance team, along with the development of an S-70â„¢ BLACK HAWK Helicopter Training Facility at the Colombian Air Force Base in Melgar, represents our significant commitment to customers in the region. We look forward to broadening SAS support to other military markets inÂ Latin America.”
Requisite maintenance services for the fleet will be executed by the Sikorsky Team whose OEM expertise will assure that operational readiness is a top priority. The technical and tactical characteristics of the UH-60L fleet provide the mobility and penetration required by the Colombian Army to successfully execute a variety of dynamic missions. Â The Colombian Army Aviation — part of the Army’s Combined Arms Team — has acquired Scheduled and Unscheduled Maintenance Services for its fleet of UH-60 helicopters to ensure sustained support for operations mandated by the Colombian Army. Â In pursuit of national order and security, the UH-60L fleet carries out aerial support on air assault, reconnaissance, supply and other undertakings.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based inÂ Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. Its Sikorsky Aerospace Services business designs and applies advanced logistics and supply chain solutions for commercial rotary, military rotary and fixed wing operators. United Technologies Corp., based inÂ Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- DynCorp Awarded UH-60 Contractor Logistics Support Services Task Order
- Philippines orders 15 Black Hawks
- NY National Guard honours UH-60 crash aircrew
- 02-Feb-21 (tba) Sikorsky UH-60 Lucky Peak, US-Idaho (3F)
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for Electro-Optical Sensor Mount
- 31-Dec-20 J-1902 Sikorsky UH-60M Istanbul, Turkey
- CAE win $90M US Army training contract
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- Wisconsin National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- 27-Aug-20 ??-????? Sikorsky MH-60M San Clemente Island, US-California (2F)
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Helinet enters firefighting market with UH-60 contract win
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60