In the morning of April 12 the very first NH90 took off as a HKP 14 of theÂ Swedish Armed Forces Helicopter Wing. This was the first time the helicopter type flew in service with the Helicopter Wing, following years of extensive trials by the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV).
The Materiel Administration has delivered the first batch of HKP 14s to the Swedish Armed Forces, consisting of four NH90s out of 18 helicopters ordered. K-45 became the first aircraft to fly in the Helicopter Wing as it took off from the Malmen base in LinkÃ¶ping. The premiere flight, which is an important milestone in the military helicopter organization, is a result of several years of intensive work by many different parties.
â€œIt feels very good that we have finally got started with the flights,” said Magnus Westerlund, chief of the Helicopter Wing.
The official handover ceremony will take place in early-May.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
Photo research by HeliHub.com
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions
- Norwegian Navy tests NH90 helicopter landings on ships in open sea
- NH90 Qatar contract now effective
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase