In December 2010, LAH was awarded one of only eleven Rolls-Royce RR300 Service Centers worldwide.
After completing a thorough application process which included a background check, site visit, and interview with the Rolls-Royce Regional Manager and a local Rolls-Royce representative, LAH was awarded the first repair station in the United States.
Mark Thompson, Rolls-Royce Helicopter Maintenance Network Manager, said: “Rolls-Royce is proud to have Los Angeles Helicopters as part of our RR300 Service Center network. We are focused on giving our operators the best options for RR300 maintenance and know LAH will offer the excellent support and customer service our customers expect.”
Rolls-Royce requires their repair centers to be an approved Part 145 Repair Station, have the most-up-to-date tools and inventory on hand, as well as a â€œclean roomâ€ for all engine repairs. Most importantly, Rolls-Royce requires any maintenance engineer who works on the RR300 engine to have attended a week long training course at their Indianapolis, Indiana facility.
LAH, Director of Maintenance, Lars Fallman attended one of the first RR300 courses and had this to say. â€œI am very impressed with the course and the new RR300 engine. I believe it to be the perfect fit with the Robinson R66.â€
LAH is a FAA approved Part 145 Repair Station, Robinson Service Center, and has been a Robinson Dealer for the last five years. LAH provides maintenance repair to private owners, law enforcement agencies, as well as other local flight schools. President of LAH, Kimberly Orahoske states, â€œwe look forward to our partnership with Rolls-Royce and believe this will provide many new opportunities as the Robinson R66 increases in popularity and sales.â€
About Los Angeles Helicopters
LAH is based in Long Beach, CA and conducts flight training, Vertical Reference/long line training, tour operations and charters. LAH is authorized to issue the Form I-20 for international students to obtain an M-1 visa and approved by the VA to accept the GI Bill.
- 29-Aug-20 HC-CVB Robinson R66 Manta, Ecuador
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- FAA Approves Shadin Fuel Flow Meter on Robinson R66
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Transport Canada Approves R66 Cargo Hook