It has been confirmed that the final day of the Airmed World Congress will now take place at Dunsfold Park Aerodrome in Surrey rather than as previously advertised at Shoreham Airport.
The Aviation Day is planned to include a host of rotary and fixed wing aircraft both on the ground and in the air and has been moved to the new location so that the organisers can bring in more aircraft for both aerial and static displays.
As well as aero medical and SAR aircraft the aerial display will also include a Battle of Britain Memorial flight in a Spitfire, aerobatic gliding team and Breitling Wing Walkers.
Delegates at the aero medical conference will benefit from the change of location because the coaches that take them from Brighton to Dunsfold will now be able to take them back to Brighton or directly to either Heathrow or Gatwick Airport if they are returning home on the Friday.
Adrian Bell, Chief Executive of the hosts, the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance said â€˜Interest in the Aviation Day from participants, exhibitors and delegates is high and the scale of the air displays and the requests to bring in jet engine aircraft are such that despite best efforts from all concerned we are unable to continue at Shoreham. We are extremely grateful to Dunsfold Park for offering such a magnificent alternative site so promptly and for working with us at short notice. We are confident that the day will be one delegates will enjoy and remember for some time to come.â€™
Details of registration and further information are available at www.airmed2011.com
HeliHub.com editor note – Firstly, the date is Friday 27 May 2011 – not mentioned in their press release!Â Secondly, while Dunsfold used to be famous for the production line of Hawk military trainer jets, it is notable today as the base of the world-acclaimed BBC Top Gear programme
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment