It has been confirmed that the final day of the Airmed World Congress will now take place at Dunsfold Park Aerodrome in Surrey rather than as previously advertised at Shoreham Airport.
The Aviation Day is planned to include a host of rotary and fixed wing aircraft both on the ground and in the air and has been moved to the new location so that the organisers can bring in more aircraft for both aerial and static displays.
As well as aero medical and SAR aircraft the aerial display will also include a Battle of Britain Memorial flight in a Spitfire, aerobatic gliding team and Breitling Wing Walkers.
Delegates at the aero medical conference will benefit from the change of location because the coaches that take them from Brighton to Dunsfold will now be able to take them back to Brighton or directly to either Heathrow or Gatwick Airport if they are returning home on the Friday.
Adrian Bell, Chief Executive of the hosts, the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance said â€˜Interest in the Aviation Day from participants, exhibitors and delegates is high and the scale of the air displays and the requests to bring in jet engine aircraft are such that despite best efforts from all concerned we are unable to continue at Shoreham. We are extremely grateful to Dunsfold Park for offering such a magnificent alternative site so promptly and for working with us at short notice. We are confident that the day will be one delegates will enjoy and remember for some time to come.â€™
Details of registration and further information are available at www.airmed2011.com
HeliHub.com editor note – Firstly, the date is Friday 27 May 2011 – not mentioned in their press release!Â Secondly, while Dunsfold used to be famous for the production line of Hawk military trainer jets, it is notable today as the base of the world-acclaimed BBC Top Gear programme
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family