It has been confirmed that the final day of the Airmed World Congress will now take place at Dunsfold Park Aerodrome in Surrey rather than as previously advertised at Shoreham Airport.
The Aviation Day is planned to include a host of rotary and fixed wing aircraft both on the ground and in the air and has been moved to the new location so that the organisers can bring in more aircraft for both aerial and static displays.
As well as aero medical and SAR aircraft the aerial display will also include a Battle of Britain Memorial flight in a Spitfire, aerobatic gliding team and Breitling Wing Walkers.
Delegates at the aero medical conference will benefit from the change of location because the coaches that take them from Brighton to Dunsfold will now be able to take them back to Brighton or directly to either Heathrow or Gatwick Airport if they are returning home on the Friday.
Adrian Bell, Chief Executive of the hosts, the Kent Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance said â€˜Interest in the Aviation Day from participants, exhibitors and delegates is high and the scale of the air displays and the requests to bring in jet engine aircraft are such that despite best efforts from all concerned we are unable to continue at Shoreham. We are extremely grateful to Dunsfold Park for offering such a magnificent alternative site so promptly and for working with us at short notice. We are confident that the day will be one delegates will enjoy and remember for some time to come.â€™
Details of registration and further information are available at www.airmed2011.com
HeliHub.com editor note – Firstly, the date is Friday 27 May 2011 – not mentioned in their press release!Â Secondly, while Dunsfold used to be famous for the production line of Hawk military trainer jets, it is notable today as the base of the world-acclaimed BBC Top Gear programme
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules