AvidAir International (www.avidair.com) is one of only six companies world-wide that provides RR250 Compressor Case repair and overhaul (R&O) and has recently been granted Federal Aviation Administration approval to provide its new patent-pending Carbon Fiber Composite Lining to the industry.
Craig Rookstool, President and CEO for AvidAir notes that this is a new Carbon Fiber Composite solution for the existing, inherently fragile, 40 year old plastic lining design. This new high performance lining will provide Operators with longer Compressor Case TBOs (and most likely an enhancement to Turbine life). Rookstool states that “the AvidAir 1200 hour Composite Lining warranty is there to back it up”.
Rookstool explains that the Operator-focused product is intended to eliminate premature removal of the Case by reducing the crack propagation and missing plastic typically found with the old plastic lining at the 300 hour compressor case inspections, thus reducing part cost, operating costs and aircraft down-time while sourcing a replacement part.
In developing this product improvement, AvidAir employed a well know OEM engineer to write and implement the test program and prepare for FAA acceptance. After laboratory testing and successful on aircraft field testing, AvidAir has received full FAA certification and has commenced deliveries world-wide.Â Â Visit www.avidair.com today for further information.
AvidAir is a Missouri Corporation with facilities in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. AvidAir has provided the industry with Compressor Case repair and overhaul (R&O) services since 1994.Â Â AvidAir possesses complete, high quality, OEM tooling and proven FAA Accepted overhaul process specification data.Â For additional information regarding AvidAir International and any of its product details or services, please contact Craig Rookstool, Director of Sales, at 816-246-4527 or [email protected]
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers