AvidAir International (www.avidair.com) is one of only six companies world-wide that provides RR250 Compressor Case repair and overhaul (R&O) and has recently been granted Federal Aviation Administration approval to provide its new patent-pending Carbon Fiber Composite Lining to the industry.
Craig Rookstool, President and CEO for AvidAir notes that this is a new Carbon Fiber Composite solution for the existing, inherently fragile, 40 year old plastic lining design. This new high performance lining will provide Operators with longer Compressor Case TBOs (and most likely an enhancement to Turbine life). Rookstool states that “the AvidAir 1200 hour Composite Lining warranty is there to back it up”.
Rookstool explains that the Operator-focused product is intended to eliminate premature removal of the Case by reducing the crack propagation and missing plastic typically found with the old plastic lining at the 300 hour compressor case inspections, thus reducing part cost, operating costs and aircraft down-time while sourcing a replacement part.
In developing this product improvement, AvidAir employed a well know OEM engineer to write and implement the test program and prepare for FAA acceptance. After laboratory testing and successful on aircraft field testing, AvidAir has received full FAA certification and has commenced deliveries world-wide.Â Â Visit www.avidair.com today for further information.
AvidAir is a Missouri Corporation with facilities in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. AvidAir has provided the industry with Compressor Case repair and overhaul (R&O) services since 1994.Â Â AvidAir possesses complete, high quality, OEM tooling and proven FAA Accepted overhaul process specification data.Â For additional information regarding AvidAir International and any of its product details or services, please contact Craig Rookstool, Director of Sales, at 816-246-4527 or [email protected]
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)