AvidAir International (www.avidair.com) is one of only six companies world-wide that provides RR250 Compressor Case repair and overhaul (R&O) and has recently been granted Federal Aviation Administration approval to provide its new patent-pending Carbon Fiber Composite Lining to the industry.
Craig Rookstool, President and CEO for AvidAir notes that this is a new Carbon Fiber Composite solution for the existing, inherently fragile, 40 year old plastic lining design. This new high performance lining will provide Operators with longer Compressor Case TBOs (and most likely an enhancement to Turbine life). Rookstool states that “the AvidAir 1200 hour Composite Lining warranty is there to back it up”.
Rookstool explains that the Operator-focused product is intended to eliminate premature removal of the Case by reducing the crack propagation and missing plastic typically found with the old plastic lining at the 300 hour compressor case inspections, thus reducing part cost, operating costs and aircraft down-time while sourcing a replacement part.
In developing this product improvement, AvidAir employed a well know OEM engineer to write and implement the test program and prepare for FAA acceptance. After laboratory testing and successful on aircraft field testing, AvidAir has received full FAA certification and has commenced deliveries world-wide.Â Â Visit www.avidair.com today for further information.
AvidAir is a Missouri Corporation with facilities in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. AvidAir has provided the industry with Compressor Case repair and overhaul (R&O) services since 1994.Â Â AvidAir possesses complete, high quality, OEM tooling and proven FAA Accepted overhaul process specification data.Â For additional information regarding AvidAir International and any of its product details or services, please contact Craig Rookstool, Director of Sales, at 816-246-4527 or [email protected]
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award