Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc. (SB47), newly established OEM for the Model 47 helicopter, today confirmed their move into a new facility sized for their expanding team of employees. The 8,000 sq ft facility was upgraded in March/April to accommodate an expanded design, supply chain & quality assurance team and with an eye to their future business development plans.
SB47 has also invested in state of the art 3D design software to support their PMA design process and to prepare for re-tooling and re-design under a Production Certificate should the need develop as planned.
â€œSB47 spare parts inventory will continue to reside at what is now our satellite facility, adjacent to Scottâ€™s Helicopter Services.â€ stated Neil Marshall, SB47 General Manager. â€œHowever, this new facility has been planned and upgraded with aircraft re-work in mind and if that starts as planned next year then parts warehousing will be transferred here permanently.â€
SB47 has hired 5 new Designers, a QA Manager & Office Manager and plans for more in the coming months as their business expands. â€œWe are growing at a sensible but needed rate, and this measured approach will continue over the coming 18 months in support of the business plan.â€ stated Scott Churchill, SB47 President & Owner.
The new SB47 facility at 510 Doppy Lane, Le Sueur, MN 56058, about 30 minutes outside of Minneapolis â€“ St. Paul, Minnesota, is just a few miles from Scottâ€™s Helicopter Services at Le Sueur Municipal Airport.
About Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc.
Scottâ€™s â€“ Bell 47, Inc. was established in 2009 under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scottâ€™s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest operators of Model 47 helicopters in the world. Mr. Churchill acquired the Type Certificates for the Model 47 from Bell Helicopter in 2010. With this, he is now able to fulfill his long term goal of ensuring that affordable, quality spare parts will be readily available for the 1,000+ registered Model 47 helicopters.
- 01-Jan-21 N74823 Bell 47D1 Marana, US-Arizona
- 24-Nov-20 YN-CIQ Continental Copters Tomcat Chinandega, Nicaragua (1F)
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- 18-Oct-19 N7060J Bell 47G5 King City, US-California
- 20-Aug-17 N9526 Bell 47G2A St Marys, US-Pennsylvania
- 23-May-17 XB-LUB Bel 47D Amacuzac, Mexico (1F)
- 10-May-17 D-HAFB Westland-Bell 47 Pertisau, Austria (2F)
- 18-Oct-15 N73224 Bell 47G3B Searchlight, US-Nevada
- 11-Aug-15 N74823 Bell 47D1 Clanton, US-Alabama
- 03-Aug-15 N4002G Bell 47G3B1 Camden, US-Alabama
- 24-Jul-15 N1396X Bell 47G.4A Gilbert, US-Iowa
- 20-Jun-15 N4427F Bell 47G5 Salinas, US-California (1F)
- 27-Mar-15 C-GVHA Bell 47G.2 Chilliwack, Canada
- 27-Feb-15 N4774S Bell 47G2A Ivanhoe, US-California
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47 White Rock, US-Arkansas
- 29-Jan-15 N43762 Bell 47G North Little Rock, US-Arkansas
- Bell delivers last of six 407GXs to Pennsylvania State Police
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- 12-Aug-14 N7089J Bell 47G-5 Mansfield, US-Illinois (1F)
- 10-Aug-14 N4690 Bell 47G-2 Jeanerette, US-Louisiana (1F)