Were you or someone you know airlifted by the Air Ambulance back in the 1990â€™s or early 2000â€™s? If so, we would like to share your story
Midlands Air Ambulance wants to trace people we have rescued in the past to help mark our 20th anniversary this year.
The Charity was originally founded as Air 5 in 1991 operating a single helicopter from temporary facilities at East Midlands Airport. Two decades later, we have grown into one of the largest and busiest air ambulance organisations in the UK, operating three helicopters and responding to more than 3000 emergency calls each year across Staffordshire, West Midlands, Shropshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Gloucestershire.
â€œA lot has changed since we formed in 1991,â€ says Jason Levy, Head of Fundraising at Midlands Air Ambulance.Â â€œIt is only in more recent years that people have come forward and wanted to share their airlift experiences so we would really love to hear from anyone who was involved in an airlift during the Charityâ€™s early years and help us to tell the whole story of Midlands Air Ambulance from their point of view.â€
So we want to hear from as many airlift survivors or their friends and family as possible and build a library of stories representing each year it has been in existence.
To celebrate our 20th birthday on 21st May, we are also hosting a gala dinner at Worcester Warriors RFC stadium where members of the public including some of those who have been assisted by the air ambulance, will be represented.
If you have an airlift story to tell or would like to attend the gala dinner please contact Jason Levy on 0800 840 20 40 or emailÂ [email protected].
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC