Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), is helping to ensure optimal service to Florida residents and visitors who need emergency aero-medical transport. The company recently provided a new inlet barrier filter (IBF) system for a Bell 430 twin-engine helicopter in service with Lee County, Fla., MEDSTAR. MEDSTAR provides air and ground critical care transport services, including on-scene emergency responses and inter-facility transfers, to Fort Myers, Cape Coral and Southwest Florida.Â The unit currently operates two helicopters, the newly acquired 430 and a Eurocopter BO-105.
â€œWe chose to upgrade to Donaldson inlet barrier filters because of their simplicity and the extra protection they provide,â€ said Rob Fulton, Lee County MEDSTAR Operations Manager.Â â€œMEDSTAR operates in a fine sand and heavy salt environment and needs to minimize the impact of those elements on our operations.Â We knew we either had to pay for the best filtering system available or we would pay with additional down time and high engine maintenance costs.â€
According to Robert Stenberg, Business Development Director at Donaldsonâ€™s St. Louis operation, IBFs provide exceptionally efficient protection for helicopter engine components during flights in difficult and challenging environments.Â â€œMEDSTARâ€™s operation will benefit from IBF operational advantages, ensuring that the unitâ€™s rotorcraft fly safely and reliably with full available power while helping to reduce maintenance costs,â€ Stenberg commented.Â â€œIBF acquisition and installation costs are very competitive, and maintenance is simple, especially in comparison with alternative filtration approaches.Â Donaldson offers IBFs for the Bell 430 and many other popular commercial helicopter models.â€
Fulton agreed, noting, â€œOur installation went well and we are looking forward to operating with more available power, without the extra complexity of bleed air driven filters.Â This was a good product find for Lee County MEDSTAR,â€ Fulton concluded.
To learn more about the Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, visit www.DonaldsonAerospace-Defense.com.
About Donaldson Aerospace & Defense
Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems, and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology, providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering, and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve peopleâ€™s lives, enhance our Customersâ€™ equipment performance, and protect our environment.Â We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customersâ€™ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence.Â Our 12,500 employees contribute to the Companyâ€™s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 100 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 06-Oct-15 XC-VER Bell 430 Emiliano Zapata, Mexico (2F)
- 29-May-15 MOH-2 Bell 430 Abdali, Kuwait
- EMS Bell 430 newly based on Dutch Caribbean island of St Eustatius
- Michigan State Police to add third helicopter
- REBTECH Provides NVG Capability for Helidosa AMS Aircraft
- New York State Police consolidate air unit bases
- Air Methods Awarded Multiple International Completion Contracts
- Wheels Up announces official partnership with HeliFlite
- West Michigan’s Newest Crime Fighter
- FlightSafety now offers B212/412/430 training in Dallas
- 23-Sep-12 Bell 430 Belem, Brazil
- Florida’s Lee County suspends EMS operations for 6-9 months
- HeliFlite adds second S76 to fleet
- 30-Apr-12 N433UM Bell 430 Tecumseh, US-Michigan
- UT Lifestar launches web-based survey tool
- Major promotion for HeliFlite’s HeliCard program
- HeliFlite expands charter operations to Florida
- HeliFlite awarded Platinum Safety Rating by Argus International
- HeliFlite introduces private helicopter airport transfer services