At the Snowy Hydro SouthCare Gala Ball held at the National Convention Centre on Saturday night, Snowy Hydro Limited Managing Director, Mr Terry Charlton, announced a new 5 year, major sponsorship contract worth $2.5 million.
Mr Terry Charlton said, at the function, attended by more than 500 people: â€œThere could be no better way to demonstrate our deep commitment to the region and our local communities right across the Snowy Mountains, South East NSW and the ACT than to continue our significant financial support of the regionâ€™s rescue helicopter service.â€
Mr Charlton added: â€œwe have been a major sponsor of the Snowy Hydro SouthCare Rescue Helicopter for 11 years, committing now over $7million to the service, which has performed over 4,200 missions. There could be no greater demonstration of the benefit of having a growing, successful Snowy Hydro in the local community than our commitment to provide significant future funding to the service.â€
Chairman of Snowy Hydro SouthCare, Mr David Marshall said on the evening: â€œI sincerely thank Snowy Hydro Limited for their significant and ongoing commitment to the Snowy Hydro SouthCare Rescue Helicopter. This new $2.5 million contract is an overwhelming example of Snowy Hydroâ€™s commitment to the region and all local communities. We are proud to continue our partnership with Snowy Hydro Limitedâ€.
Snowy Hydro is now the second longest serving current sponsor of any rescue helicopter service in Australia and only behind Westpac. Snowy Hydro has supported the Snowy Hydro SouthCare Rescue Helicopter longer than Telstra has supported ChildFlight and NRMA, who recently ended their association with Careflight.
New local State MP Mr John Barilaro and ACT Minister for Emergency Services Simon Corbell also attended the announcement thanking Snowy Hydro for this extended commitment and also paying special tribute to the skilled pilots, doctors and paramedics and ground crew who undertake and support the life saving missions.
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Nigerian Air Force launches second Bell 412
- New developments for the Bell 412
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Milestone leases two Bell 412s to FAASA for firefighting
- Norwegian Bell helicopters to be maintained by Patria
- Dart updates landing gear approvals for Bell 412 higher gross weight
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Bell commercial deliveries 35% down in 2016
- Long Standing Bell Customer Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- RAC Rescue Helicopter reaches 5000 milestone