The new turbine Robinson R66 will appear in Russia, with two dealers claiming victory in who wins the race.
On 5th April, Aviamarket took their first R66 in a ceremony at the factory at Torrance in California.Â President of the manufacturer Kurt Robinson assesses the Russian market as very promising for private aviation and continually evolving. Sales Director Terry Hane reportedly said that Aviamarket is their leading dealer, as they took 10% of the world’s Robinson sales to the end of 2010.Â At the end of the meeting, Kurt Robinson handed over the keys of their new R66 to General Director of Aviamarket, Mikhail Yushkov. Aviamarket believes that the first Russian helicopter R66.
However, Uralhelicom, based in Yekaterinburg, also claims to be the first to present the Russian R66. In an interview with Russia’s Helicopter Industry Association, Uralhelicom’s sales director Alexei Mikhailov says that his company booked an R66 in 2010 with a full deposit, and helicopter R66 in 2010. They go as far as stating that serial number 0027 is allocated to their company, and that it is already shipped as far as Europe, pending transfer to Russia.
Let’s wait 10 days to see which company brings an R66 to HeliRussia!
- 01-Jan-21 9M-SAW Robinson R66 Port Klang, Malaysia
- 30-Dec-20 JA77AR Robinson R66 Ojiro, Japan (1F)
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- 29-Aug-20 HC-CVB Robinson R66 Manta, Ecuador
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- FAA Approves Shadin Fuel Flow Meter on Robinson R66
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Rotorcorp stops support for Skurka Aerospace and Aviall RR300 Starter Generators for R66
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 09-Jan-20 N450MC Robinson R66 Silver Spring Township, US-Pennsylvania (2F)
- Robinson R66 Turbine Surpasses 1 Million Flight Hours
- Robinson Offers NEW R66 Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- Canada approves Simplex spray system for Robinson R66
- EASA STC for DART’s R66 Emergency Float System
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter