SELEX Galileo, a Finmeccanica company and leader in Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), is pleased to announce the acquisition of Italian technology firm UTRI (Unmanned Technologies Research Institute). UTRI provides innovative mini-micro UAS for defence and homeland security purposes. UTRI has been recognised at a European level for its excellence in unmanned technology.
SELEX Galileo is a notable provider of Unmanned Aerial Systems, with the tactical Falco representing Europeâ€™s only UAS system exported to date. SELEX Galileoâ€™s portfolio of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) now ranges from mini-micro up to tactical UAS. The acquisition of UTRI will allow SELEX Galileo to further reinforce its UAS capability by leveraging on the growing mini-micro market.
Highlights from the range of new products SELEX Galileo will be able to offer include the operational 6.5 kg mini Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL) UAS â€˜ASIOâ€™ characterised by a unique â€œperch and stareâ€ capability, the micro fixed-wing â€˜Crex-Bâ€™ UAS that weighs 2kg and the ducted-fan VTOL technology Spyball micro UAS.
SELEX Galileoâ€™s advanced sensor technology, ground control station and state-of-the-art simulation capabilities will further enhance the Companyâ€™s mini/micro UAS offer, providing modern solutions for developing battlefield and civil requirements
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics
- Honeywell Paves The Way To Bring Autonomous Landing Capabilities To Urban Air Mobility
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- GA Telesis launches helicopter leasing company with seven Bell 206L4s