SELEX Galileo, a Finmeccanica company and leader in Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), is pleased to announce the acquisition of Italian technology firm UTRI (Unmanned Technologies Research Institute). UTRI provides innovative mini-micro UAS for defence and homeland security purposes. UTRI has been recognised at a European level for its excellence in unmanned technology.
SELEX Galileo is a notable provider of Unmanned Aerial Systems, with the tactical Falco representing Europeâ€™s only UAS system exported to date. SELEX Galileoâ€™s portfolio of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) now ranges from mini-micro up to tactical UAS. The acquisition of UTRI will allow SELEX Galileo to further reinforce its UAS capability by leveraging on the growing mini-micro market.
Highlights from the range of new products SELEX Galileo will be able to offer include the operational 6.5 kg mini Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL) UAS â€˜ASIOâ€™ characterised by a unique â€œperch and stareâ€ capability, the micro fixed-wing â€˜Crex-Bâ€™ UAS that weighs 2kg and the ducted-fan VTOL technology Spyball micro UAS.
SELEX Galileoâ€™s advanced sensor technology, ground control station and state-of-the-art simulation capabilities will further enhance the Companyâ€™s mini/micro UAS offer, providing modern solutions for developing battlefield and civil requirements
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts