AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that AgustaWestland North America, Inc. was awarded a $37.8 million contract with the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) Contracting Center for Foreign Military Sales to the Egyptian Air Force.
â€œAgustaWestland is proud to partner with the U.S. Army and our allies to provide the most advanced rotorcraft technology for their mission needs,â€ said R. Scott Rettig, chief executive officer of AgustaWestland North America. â€œWe are committed to exceeding our customerâ€™s expectations and believe the modern, best selling AW139 will be a valued asset for the Egyptian Air Forceâ€™s helicopter fleet.â€
AgustaWestland will configure two Pennsylvania-built AW139s for search and rescue missions; support the U.S. Army in training aircrews; and provide a spare parts package to ensure successful fielding of the aircraft. Designed with inherent multi-role capability and flexibility of operation, the AW139 offers unmatched performance and safety levels as well as the largest cabin in its class.Â AgustaWestland manages an active, highly efficient AW139 production line in the companyâ€™s Philadelphia, Pa. manufacturing facility, where it will also produce the recently added, advanced military AW139M.
With unrivalled range and the highest power-to-weight ratio in its class, the AW139 sets standards of multi-mission performance in high and hot conditions and with a cruise speed of 165 knots. The AW139 features a low acoustic signature, integrated mission avionics and is available with a full ice protection system, allowing aircrews to accomplish missions in the most demanding, all-weather conditions.
More than 140 customers in 50 countries use the medium-twin engine AW139 for multi-mission roles.Â As the most modern helicopter designed and produced in the last decade, more than 530 AW139s have been sold, flying demanding missions for government customers such as the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Republic of Ireland, the UAE Air Force and others.
AgustaWestland North America, a subsidiary of AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, operates as a U.S. company under a special security agreement, responsible for the company’s U.S. government programs. AgustaWestland is a global leader in military and commercial vertical-lift. With more than 100 years of experience in the aerospace industry, AgustaWestland provides an unrivalled range of rotorcraft and vertical-lift products and services for every military, government and commercial application.
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- Babcock exits southern North Sea operations
- 02-Feb-19 5N-CML Leonardo AW139 Kabba, Nigeria
- 29-Dec-18 Leonardo AW139 Jebel Jais, UAE (4F)
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130