May 19 in Moscow at the exhibition HeliRussia 2011 an agreement was signed between OAO UTair »(UTair Aviation) and JSC” Helicopters of Russia “on the production and delivery of ten Mi-34S1. Start delivery expected in 2012. According to the preliminary agreement between UTair and Helicopters of Russia ‘, possibly increasing the number of purchased Mi-34S1 to 50 cars.
“Our airline has more than 40 years of experience in helicopter operations of the family,” Miles “all classes in various regions of the planet. We are confident that the delivery of new Mi-34S1 enhance the ability of helicopter fleet UTair – commented on the agreement CEO UTair Andrei Martirosov.
“We are pleased that the first customer to initiate a delivery of a large batch of these machines has become the airline – the market leader in helicopter operations”, – the general director of holding “Helicopters of Russia Dmitry Petrov.
Mi-34S1 – light multipurpose helicopter, designed for cargo transport and air patrols. It is planned that the new helicopters UTair will be primarily engaged in the performance of aircraft maintenance work, oil and gas sector. In addition, some purchased by the party will be designed to carry out training flights in preparation Airlines flight personnel.
UTair – helicopter company number one in the world’s largest park and lift helicopters, numbering more than 290 helicopters of all classes. Its basis is a family of helicopters, “Miles”, light multipurpose helicopter supplier Eurocopter and Robinson. UTair – the largest provider of helicopter services to the United Nations, which works with 1992. The main customers of helicopter operations UTair in Russia – the leading oil and gas companies. In 2011, helicopter operations will be implemented in Russia and ten foreign countries, with exports of helicopter services to increase by 6.5%.
Helicopters of Russia “ – a subsidiary of OAO Oboronprom, part of Russian Technologies. Controls and manages the helicopter industry enterprises: OAO Moscow Helicopter Plant. ML Mil, Kamov, Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, OAO Kazan Helicopter Plant, Rostvertol, OAO Arseniev Aircraft Company Progress them. NI Sazykina, Kumertau Aviation Production Enterprise, JSC Stupino Machine Production Plant “, OJSC” Reducer-PM and the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant “, as well as Helicopter Service Company.
- Nigerian Air Force Mi-34s to fly again – in New Zealand
- Russian military snubs Mi-34 to order 100 Eurocopters
- Middle East distributor appointed for Mil Mi-34C1
- Gearbox failures lead Nigerian Air Force to sell Mi-34 fleet
- Goodrich selected for Mi-34C1 upgrade program
- Qualy Group appointed dealer for Mi-34C1 in Brazil
- Russian Helicopters detail Heli-Expo 2011 presence
- Russian Helicopters showcases product range at Farnborough 2010
- New piston-engined MI-34 scheduled for 2011 first flight
- Russian Helicopters and Turbomeca Sign MoU for Mi-34 Sapsan helicopter
- JSC Helicopters of Russia to sign MOU with Turbomeca for Mi-34 engines