WASHINGTON – The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)will hold a public Board meeting on Tuesday, May, 24, 2011, at 9:30 a.m. (EDT), in the NTSB Board Room and Conference Center at 429 L’Enfant Plaza, S.W.Â (Please note the changes to the Board Room directions).
There are two agenda items:
1.Â Â Â On August 9, 2010, a single-engine, turbine-powered, amphibious float-equipped de Havilland airplane crashed into mountainous terrain approximately 10 miles northeastÂ of Aleknagik, Alaska. The pilot and four passengers were killed. The other four passengers were seriously injured.
2.Â Â Â On June 9, 2009, an Agusta S.p.A. A-109E helicopter, N606SP, crashed in mountainous terrain near Santa Fe, New Mexico. The flight, part of a search and rescue mission, had just taken off after picking up a hiker who had been lost in a wooded area. Both the commercial pilot and passenger were fatally injured.Â The other occupant aboard the helicopter, a highway patrolman serving as the spotter for the missing hiker, was seriously hurt. The aircraft was substantially damaged.
A live and archived webcast of the proceedings will be available on the Board’s website at www.ntsb.gov/Events/Boardmeeting.htm. Technical support details are available under “Board Meetings.” To report any problems, please call 703-993-3100 and ask for Webcast Technical Support.
A summary of the Board’s final reports, which will include its findings, probable cause, and safety recommendations, will appear on the website shortly after the conclusion of each Board item. The entire reports will appear on the website several weeks later.
Directions, including temporary route changes, to the NTSB Board Room: The front door is located on lower 10th Street, directly below L’Enfant Plaza. From the Metro, exit L’Enfant Plaza station at 9th and D Streets escalator, walk through the shopping mall towards the CVS store (on the left).Â Due to construction at L’Enfant Plaza, the escalator that provide access to the Board Room level is out of service.Â Signs posted near the escalator will direct attendees to stairs leading to the Board Room.Â NTSB staff will also be stationed throughout L’Enfant Plaza to provide directions and alternate access.Â The Board Room can also be accessed on the garage level.
see also HeliHub.com accident page – 10-Jun-09 N606SP AgustaWestland A109E Santa Fe, US-New Mexico (2F)
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- AMS Heli Design receives FAA STC for ALSS interior
- Heart for transplant survives crash on hospital rooftop helipad
- Life Link III grows its fleet of helicopters
- 06-Nov-20 N109EX Leonardo AW109S Boyle Heights, US-California
- MyHeli becomes newest UK CAA AOC operator
- Leonardo AW109/AW119 – EASA releases Issue 22 of TCDS
- 19-Aug-20 N95RZ Leonardo AW109E Wauseon, US-Ohio
- Leonardo AW109 Trekker chosen to support French EMS market
- The Air Ambulance Service charity predicts £2.2M income shortfall but still has £12M in the bank
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Astronautics AFI 4700 RoadRunner EFI gains FAA STC for AW109E Power
- Bulgarian Border Guard upgrades AW109
- Intermountain Healthcare adds another AW109 GrandNew f
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- 28-Jun-19 N11NM Leonardo AW109S Brainerd Lakes, US-Minnesota (2F)
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119