Van Horn Aviation, the manufacturer of helicopter rotor blades, is expanding its presence in Tempe (Arizona) with the purchase of a new facility four times the size of its existing location.Â The move from a leased unit near Rural and Broadway roads is to a 23,000 sq.ft unit it is purchasing near Elliott Road and Interstate 10.
Working on an existing business base of Bell 206 and UH-1 blades, the company continues to expand and is likely to double its workforce during 2011.Â Two key contracts have played their part in this, including agreement for Bell subsidiary Aeronautical Accessories to distribute the blades for their helicopters (see story), as well as a new development with MD Helicopters for both main and tail blades for the 500 series (see story).Â The latter will lead to a third production line at the new facility.
No details on costs related to the new facility have been released, but officials expect to move in this summer.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices