CPI Aero announced today that it has entered into a five year agreement covering up to $9.2 million in structural assemblies to be supplied to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. for use as spares for its BLACK HAWK(R) military helicopter. The initial purchase order under this agreement is for $2.85 million. Delivery is expected to begin in early 2012. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The agreement includes four different variants of Hover Infrared Suppression Subsystem (HIRSS) Modules for “L” and “M” model BLACK HAWK helicopters. CPI Aero has been manufacturing HIRSS Modules for Sikorksy since 2006. This new agreement covers Sikorsky’s best estimated quantity requirements for these assemblies through 2015.
About Sikorsky Aircraft
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacturing, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
About CPI Aero
CPI Aero is engaged in the contract production of structural aircraft parts for leading prime defense contractors, the U.S. Air Force, and other branches of the armed forces. CPI Aero also acts as a subcontractor to prime aircraft manufacturers in the production of commercial aircraft parts. In conjunction with its assembly operations, CPI Aero provides engineering, technical and program management services. Among the key programs that CPI Aero supplies are the E-2D Hawkeye surveillance aircraft, the UH-60 BLACK HAWK helicopter, the S-92(R) helicopter, the MH-60S mine countermeasure helicopter, MH-53 and CH-53 variant helicopters, the Gulfstream G650, C-5A Galaxy cargo jet, the A-10 Thunderbolt attack jet, and the E-3 Sentry AWACS jet. CPI Aero is included in the Russell Microcap(R) Index.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- First Afghan UH-60 pilots graduate
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- Sikorsky marks 30,000 Black Hawk hours in Brazilian military operation
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for BE UH-60 Blackhawk weapon system parts
- 07-Aug-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 10 refurbished Black Hawk to fight Australian fires
- United Technologies awarded $28M contract for procurement of 420 auxiliary power units of UH-60 Black Hawks
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Raytheon awarded $11M contract for MH-60 Airborne Mine Neutralization Systems