On Course Solutions, Inc., a leading aviation consulting company, announced that the company has been selected by Cobham to provide customer pilot training for Cobhamâ€™s HeliSASÂ®Â Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System.
Jim Shirey, president and founder of On Course Solutions, remarked, â€œI have no doubt that the significant stability enhancement provided by the HeliSAS system will have a very positive impact on the level of safety in our industry.â€
Shirey brings over 35 years and 8,500 flight hours of rotorcraft experience as a military and civilian pilot, flight instructor, and FAA DER Flight Test Pilot. He has had extensive involvement with HeliSAS product development and certification. Jim will work with authorized HeliSAS dealers to provide post-installation system instruction for pilots who will be utilizing the autopilot and SAS system.
The new light-weight HeliSAS technology enhances safety by providing increased aircraft stability and coupledÂ navigation options thereby reducing pilot workload. The HeliSAS product was recently STCâ€™d by the FAA on the Bell 206B, 206L, and 407 models, and on the Eurocopter AS350 and EC 130 models.
About On Course Solutions
On Course Solutions is a leading consulting company that provides aviation business development, aviation training, and aviation program management services to manufacturers, suppliers, and aircraft dealers by leading industry veterans. We provide the know-how and resources for winning new customers, building business with existing customers, and optimizing operational efficiency.
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines