On Course Solutions, Inc., a leading aviation consulting company, announced that the company has been selected by Cobham to provide customer pilot training for Cobhamâ€™s HeliSASÂ®Â Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System.
Jim Shirey, president and founder of On Course Solutions, remarked, â€œI have no doubt that the significant stability enhancement provided by the HeliSAS system will have a very positive impact on the level of safety in our industry.â€
Shirey brings over 35 years and 8,500 flight hours of rotorcraft experience as a military and civilian pilot, flight instructor, and FAA DER Flight Test Pilot. He has had extensive involvement with HeliSAS product development and certification. Jim will work with authorized HeliSAS dealers to provide post-installation system instruction for pilots who will be utilizing the autopilot and SAS system.
The new light-weight HeliSAS technology enhances safety by providing increased aircraft stability and coupledÂ navigation options thereby reducing pilot workload. The HeliSAS product was recently STCâ€™d by the FAA on the Bell 206B, 206L, and 407 models, and on the Eurocopter AS350 and EC 130 models.
About On Course Solutions
On Course Solutions is a leading consulting company that provides aviation business development, aviation training, and aviation program management services to manufacturers, suppliers, and aircraft dealers by leading industry veterans. We provide the know-how and resources for winning new customers, building business with existing customers, and optimizing operational efficiency.
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories