SEI Industries Ltd. is proud to have participated in the recent 5th International Wildland Fire Conference (Wildfire 2011) held in South Africa, May 9 -13, 2011. The conference followed key aspects of integrated fire management including fire management and poverty alleviation in developing countries, fire management and carbon sequestration innovations, institutionalizing applications of the incident command system as well as international exchange and assistance programs/protocols.
SEI was one of approximately 40 exhibitors that presented their products at the tradeshow exhibition in conjunction with the conference. SEIâ€™s key products on display were the famous Bambi BucketÂ® as well as SEIâ€™s ground and aerial fire ignition tools that make up SEIâ€™s Dragon Fire Ignition product line. One of the highlights of the conference was the aerial fire-fighting demonstration which conducted a live prescribed fire in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. This display was followed by an aerial firefighting demonstration using Working on Fireâ€™s Huey UH-1H helicopters equipped with their Bambi Buckets to fully extinguish the fire within approximately 45 minutes.
Wildfire 2011 was organized and coordinated by Working on Fire and their efforts made the conference a â€˜class actâ€™ for the duration of the event. Wildfire 2011 was attended by several hundred international delegates and both the conference and tradeshow venues provided ample opportunity for the key players and stakeholders involved in the fire management industry to share valuable knowledge and experience. SEI has participated in all five of the international Wildland Fire conferences, held in the USA, Canada, Australia, Spain and South Africa.
SEI Industries Ltd. is an ISO:9001:2008 certified Canadian manufacturing company well-known in more than 110 countries for its innovative industrial fabric solutions and more than 50 unique products that serve mining, construction, exploration and aviation sectors. Best known for the famous Bambi BucketÂ®, introduced to aerial firefighting in 1982, SEI continues to be used by firefighting agencies worldwide and has become synonymous with aerial firefighting. SEI also manufactures ground and aerial fire ignition equipment offering innovative tools with the DragonÂ® Fire Ignition product line for prescribed fire and land management industries. SEI Industries Ltd. is also proud to manufacture unique, well-engineered and reliable products to support military and civilian disaster relief, firefighting and a wide range of industrial operations worldwide. Check us out on YouTube, our Dragon Fire Ignition Blog and Twitter.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President