SEI Industries Ltd. is proud to have participated in the recent 5th International Wildland Fire Conference (Wildfire 2011) held in South Africa, May 9 -13, 2011. The conference followed key aspects of integrated fire management including fire management and poverty alleviation in developing countries, fire management and carbon sequestration innovations, institutionalizing applications of the incident command system as well as international exchange and assistance programs/protocols.
SEI was one of approximately 40 exhibitors that presented their products at the tradeshow exhibition in conjunction with the conference. SEIâ€™s key products on display were the famous Bambi BucketÂ® as well as SEIâ€™s ground and aerial fire ignition tools that make up SEIâ€™s Dragon Fire Ignition product line. One of the highlights of the conference was the aerial fire-fighting demonstration which conducted a live prescribed fire in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. This display was followed by an aerial firefighting demonstration using Working on Fireâ€™s Huey UH-1H helicopters equipped with their Bambi Buckets to fully extinguish the fire within approximately 45 minutes.
Wildfire 2011 was organized and coordinated by Working on Fire and their efforts made the conference a â€˜class actâ€™ for the duration of the event. Wildfire 2011 was attended by several hundred international delegates and both the conference and tradeshow venues provided ample opportunity for the key players and stakeholders involved in the fire management industry to share valuable knowledge and experience. SEI has participated in all five of the international Wildland Fire conferences, held in the USA, Canada, Australia, Spain and South Africa.
SEI Industries Ltd. is an ISO:9001:2008 certified Canadian manufacturing company well-known in more than 110 countries for its innovative industrial fabric solutions and more than 50 unique products that serve mining, construction, exploration and aviation sectors. Best known for the famous Bambi BucketÂ®, introduced to aerial firefighting in 1982, SEI continues to be used by firefighting agencies worldwide and has become synonymous with aerial firefighting. SEI also manufactures ground and aerial fire ignition equipment offering innovative tools with the DragonÂ® Fire Ignition product line for prescribed fire and land management industries. SEI Industries Ltd. is also proud to manufacture unique, well-engineered and reliable products to support military and civilian disaster relief, firefighting and a wide range of industrial operations worldwide. Check us out on YouTube, our Dragon Fire Ignition Blog and Twitter.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work