SEI Industries Ltd. is proud to have participated in the recent 5th International Wildland Fire Conference (Wildfire 2011) held in South Africa, May 9 -13, 2011. The conference followed key aspects of integrated fire management including fire management and poverty alleviation in developing countries, fire management and carbon sequestration innovations, institutionalizing applications of the incident command system as well as international exchange and assistance programs/protocols.
SEI was one of approximately 40 exhibitors that presented their products at the tradeshow exhibition in conjunction with the conference. SEIâ€™s key products on display were the famous Bambi BucketÂ® as well as SEIâ€™s ground and aerial fire ignition tools that make up SEIâ€™s Dragon Fire Ignition product line. One of the highlights of the conference was the aerial fire-fighting demonstration which conducted a live prescribed fire in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. This display was followed by an aerial firefighting demonstration using Working on Fireâ€™s Huey UH-1H helicopters equipped with their Bambi Buckets to fully extinguish the fire within approximately 45 minutes.
Wildfire 2011 was organized and coordinated by Working on Fire and their efforts made the conference a â€˜class actâ€™ for the duration of the event. Wildfire 2011 was attended by several hundred international delegates and both the conference and tradeshow venues provided ample opportunity for the key players and stakeholders involved in the fire management industry to share valuable knowledge and experience. SEI has participated in all five of the international Wildland Fire conferences, held in the USA, Canada, Australia, Spain and South Africa.
SEI Industries Ltd. is an ISO:9001:2008 certified Canadian manufacturing company well-known in more than 110 countries for its innovative industrial fabric solutions and more than 50 unique products that serve mining, construction, exploration and aviation sectors. Best known for the famous Bambi BucketÂ®, introduced to aerial firefighting in 1982, SEI continues to be used by firefighting agencies worldwide and has become synonymous with aerial firefighting. SEI also manufactures ground and aerial fire ignition equipment offering innovative tools with the DragonÂ® Fire Ignition product line for prescribed fire and land management industries. SEI Industries Ltd. is also proud to manufacture unique, well-engineered and reliable products to support military and civilian disaster relief, firefighting and a wide range of industrial operations worldwide. Check us out on YouTube, our Dragon Fire Ignition Blog and Twitter.
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance base gets green light