The Bristol Evening Post is reporting that this year’s HeliDays event at Weston-super-Mare “has been axed after failing to attract any sponsors”.Â The report states that the organisers have been unable to attract funding for the three day event after losing a grant from the local town council.Â Given that the event only broke even the last two years, the lack of grant in economic times which are yet to improve, the cancellation decision was the only realistic one to be made.
HeliDays has attracted many people over its 20 year history, and will be missed by helicopter pilots and enthusiasts alike, plus of course the thousands of visitors it brought in by road.Â Over the years it has been run, the event has raised a very impressive total of over Â£500,000 for local charities.
Mr ap Rees is also reported as saying that there were “issues with military participation” which were also contributory to the decision, although he is hoping to run a scaled-down event on 23-24th July at the nearby Helicopter Museum, of which he is Chairman of the Trustees, and it could potentially see use of the adjacent Weston Airfield.Â Even this will require confirmation from various organisations and aircrews before it can be confirmed.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats