The Bristol Evening Post is reporting that this year’s HeliDays event at Weston-super-Mare “has been axed after failing to attract any sponsors”.Â The report states that the organisers have been unable to attract funding for the three day event after losing a grant from the local town council.Â Given that the event only broke even the last two years, the lack of grant in economic times which are yet to improve, the cancellation decision was the only realistic one to be made.
HeliDays has attracted many people over its 20 year history, and will be missed by helicopter pilots and enthusiasts alike, plus of course the thousands of visitors it brought in by road.Â Over the years it has been run, the event has raised a very impressive total of over Â£500,000 for local charities.
Mr ap Rees is also reported as saying that there were “issues with military participation” which were also contributory to the decision, although he is hoping to run a scaled-down event on 23-24th July at the nearby Helicopter Museum, of which he is Chairman of the Trustees, and it could potentially see use of the adjacent Weston Airfield.Â Even this will require confirmation from various organisations and aircrews before it can be confirmed.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey