The Bristol Evening Post is reporting that this year’s HeliDays event at Weston-super-Mare “has been axed after failing to attract any sponsors”.Â The report states that the organisers have been unable to attract funding for the three day event after losing a grant from the local town council.Â Given that the event only broke even the last two years, the lack of grant in economic times which are yet to improve, the cancellation decision was the only realistic one to be made.
HeliDays has attracted many people over its 20 year history, and will be missed by helicopter pilots and enthusiasts alike, plus of course the thousands of visitors it brought in by road.Â Over the years it has been run, the event has raised a very impressive total of over Â£500,000 for local charities.
Mr ap Rees is also reported as saying that there were “issues with military participation” which were also contributory to the decision, although he is hoping to run a scaled-down event on 23-24th July at the nearby Helicopter Museum, of which he is Chairman of the Trustees, and it could potentially see use of the adjacent Weston Airfield.Â Even this will require confirmation from various organisations and aircrews before it can be confirmed.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring