Partech Systems is proud to announce it has been awarded a contract by Australian Aerospace Limited for an upgrade to MRH90 Software Support Centre, which will be expanded if the NFH90 (NATO Frigate Helicopter) is chosen for the Air 9000 Phase 8 tender.
Partech, as leaders in the field of Avionics Test Equipment, was the logical choice for Australian Aerospace in carrying out the important task of incorporating the requirements of an entirely new aircraft into the existing support infrastructure.
Australian Aerospace is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eurocopter, and part of the EADS group of companies.Â Australian Aerospaceâ€™s award of the contract to Partech is the first by the company within AIR 9000 Phase 8.
AIR 9000 Phase 8, the Future Naval Aviation Combat System calls for the replacement of the inservice Seahawk and cancelled Super Sea Sprite, with a single aircraft type.
Australian Aerospaceâ€™s offering the NH90 NFH is the most technically advanced helicopter in its class, featuring multi-role capability, fly-by-wire technology and an unmatched level of safety, meeting the Royal Australian Navy’s need for an advanced Helicopter Naval Combat System.
Mr John McKelvie, Managing Director of Partech Systems said â€œThis contract represents a strong endorsement by Australian Aerospace of the electronics engineering capabilities within the Shoalhaven, particularly those that reside at Partech Systems.â€
Partech is well known in the defence industry for its support of RAN Seahawk Avionics Systems, as well as for the companyâ€™s involvement in the Joint Strike Fighter Program andÂ Mr McKelvie added: â€œPartechâ€™s capabilities straddle those required to support the ageing Seahawk Fleet up to the cutting edge technologies in aircraft such as the JSF and now the NH90 NFH aircraft.â€
Mr McKelvie continued:â€œAustralian Aerospace must be congratulated for demonstrating faith in Australian Industry, particularly at a time when other prime contractors are aggressively swallowing up work normally undertaken by the SME sector of the defence industry.Â The work awarded to Partech by Australian Aerospace and its parent Eurocopter will be a vital boost to the Shoalhaven economy, providing jobs in high tech areas of electronics design.Â The NH90 NFH will be an Australian assembled aircraft, with involvement from SMEâ€™s such as Partech.
â€œThis contract award is clearly a winner for the local defence industryâ€.Partech Business Development Manager Mr John Higgins said: â€œContract opportunities of this importance are few and far between for smaller companies. It is a tribute to Australian Aerospace that their support for local industry will lead to tangible benefits to Partech, assisting in the growth and retention skills that will be vital for participation in emerging defence programsâ€.
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Patria received a follow-on NH90 maintenance order
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions