Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, JSC (UUAP), a part of Russian Helicopters holding, made a scheduled delivery of a batch of Mi-8AMTSh helicopters to the Russian Ministry of Defence. As announced previously, the Plant delivered the first batch to the military department in December 2010.
The new delivery falls under the Government Defence Order (GDO) 2011. All helicopters were accepted by the customer’s representatives in Ulan-Ude in mid-May. Then the helicopters went through preparation procedures to perform ferry flights to the Air Force military units. The rotorcraft left UUAP territory end-May. Same as the previous batch of helicopters, the new machines covered over 5000 km on their way.
The Mi-8AMTSh helicopter was passed into service by the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation in 2009. The helicopters delivered in 2009 and 2010 were praised by the military units operating them. The Ministry of Defence took this appraisal into account when placing a new Government Defence Order for helicopters. According to operators the Mi-8AMTSh has outstanding performance and is very reliable and easy to operate. It can also perform a wide range of missions and can be operated in different climatic zones, any weather conditions, and any time of day. This model outperforms the regular Mi-8 and allows the Air Force to improve combat operations efficiency.
Mi-8AMTSh deliveries to the Russian Air Force under GDO 2011 are expected to be continued in the second half of 2011. The Ministry of Defence is currently evaluating the possibility to place a long-term GDO with UUAP.
- 25-Nov-20 RF-38376 Mil Mi-8MTV1 Volgograd, Russia
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- 20-Aug-20 RA-????? Mil Mi-8 Khakassia, Russia
- Volga-Dnepr delivers two Mi-8s for fire-fighting in Malaysia
- Mil Moscow and UTair-Engineering sign agreement for upgrading Mi-8/17
- 09-Feb-19 ET2015 Mil Mi-17V-5 Abyei, South Sudan (3F)
- Ukrainian Air Forces Returns Rare Mi-8 into Service
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Ukraine Tests New Helicopter Missile Oskol
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-8 Maritime Territory, Russia
- UTair selects Skytrac fleet monitoring for 46 Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters assists Mi-8 overhaul in Cuba
- Russian Helicopters to unveil Mi-8MTV-5 with advanced features
- Russian Helicopters to demonstrate new Arctic Mi-8
- Bird Aerosystems to demo Airborne Missile Protection System at Farnborough
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters