Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced the completion of the first UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit produced in the Czech Republic by AERO Vodochody.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced the completion of the first UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit produced in the Czech Republic by AERO Vodochody, a longtime Sikorsky supplier that has manufactured more than 300 S-76Â®commercial helicopter airframes since 2000.Â Sikorsky awarded AERO Vodochody a contract in January 2010 to begin producing the cockpits as a second source for the newest BLACK HAWK model.Â Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Through the use of innovative virtual tools and robust team dynamics, the Sikorsky Strategic Sourcing project team partnered with AERO Vodochody to complete its first cockpit ahead of schedule. The announcement highlighted the newly designed, lean production area during a ceremony today at the AERO Vodochody facility in Odolena Voda, Czech Republic.Â The event was attended by executives from both companies as well as government dignitaries and members of the U.S. Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), which oversees day to day activities involving Sikorskyâ€™s military aircraft contracts with the U.S. government.
â€œToday marks a new phase in the long and successful relationship between Sikorsky Aircraft and AERO Vodochody,â€ said Shane Eddy, Vice President of Global Supply Chain for Sikorsky. â€œAERO Vodochody has distinguished itself as a reliable and quality driven supplier, and we are proud to have taken this next step in furthering our cooperation.â€
â€œAERO Vodochody is proud to be part of a team that produces this legendary helicopter,â€ said Ladislav Simek, President and Chairman of the Board at AERO Vodochody. â€We greatly appreciate the trust invested into our company from Sikorsky Aircraft in extending our cooperation by awarding us new business. I believe that our long and successful business relationship will continue well into the future.â€
Since December 2009, Aero Vodochody has performed at the Supplier Gold level, which is the highest designation awarded for customer-focused service, on-time delivery, and high-quality products under the United Technologiesâ€™ Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) operating system. AERO Vodochody is the largest aerospace manufacturer in the Czech Republic, mainly focusing on cooperation with leading aerospace manufacturers in international aerostructures projects.
In addition to AERO Vodochody, Sikorsky also contracts with Kaman Aerospace for BLACK HAWK cockpit production.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- First Afghan UH-60 pilots graduate
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo