Telvent, the leading real-time IT solutions and information provider for a sustainable world, is expanding its U.S. aviation weather support system worldwide. This expansion will allow pilots, dispatchers and air traffic control managers across the globe to analyze and forecast weather on a single, comprehensive platform.
With this expansion, operators can ensure safer air travel as their pilots, dispatchers and operations managers make critical decisions from a single, integrated weather information and decision-support platform. Through the ability to access real-time, high-resolution weather radar from three continents and interactive aviation weather displays, subscribers to the MxVision AviationSentryÂ® Online global edition will be able to plan training, manage flight quality and ensure a collaborative decision making framework for managing the risks associated with weather, which is a factor in many aviation accidents.
Additionally, the expansion of Telventâ€™s helicopter information product, RotorWatch, will allow the European market to track helicopter locations and weather risks, such as lightning, even after a flight has launched; a safety component especially valuable for both air ambulance and oil and gas-focused operators.
According to Telvent’s chairman and CEO, Ignacio Gonzalez, â€œAviation operators outside of the U.S. have previously had to rely on internet sources of questionable quality to obtain the weather briefing information that is critical for aviation decision-making. This expansion of real-time weather forecasting will enhance safety for both crews and passengers.â€
Available in both English and Spanish, MxVision AviationSentry Online global edition is certified as a Qualified Internet Communications Provider (QICP) by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.
Telvent (NASDAQ: TLVT) is a global IT solutions and business information services provider dedicated to helping improve efficiency, safety and security for the worldâ€™s leading companies. Telvent serves markets that are critical to the sustainability of the planet, including the energy, transportation, agricultural and environmental sectors.
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- Helicentre announces scholarship winners
- PhilJets orders 3 Bell 505 Helicopters
- HAI Partners with JSfirm.com to Address Shortage