Telvent, the leading real-time IT solutions and information provider for a sustainable world, is expanding its U.S. aviation weather support system worldwide. This expansion will allow pilots, dispatchers and air traffic control managers across the globe to analyze and forecast weather on a single, comprehensive platform.
With this expansion, operators can ensure safer air travel as their pilots, dispatchers and operations managers make critical decisions from a single, integrated weather information and decision-support platform. Through the ability to access real-time, high-resolution weather radar from three continents and interactive aviation weather displays, subscribers to the MxVision AviationSentryÂ® Online global edition will be able to plan training, manage flight quality and ensure a collaborative decision making framework for managing the risks associated with weather, which is a factor in many aviation accidents.
Additionally, the expansion of Telventâ€™s helicopter information product, RotorWatch, will allow the European market to track helicopter locations and weather risks, such as lightning, even after a flight has launched; a safety component especially valuable for both air ambulance and oil and gas-focused operators.
According to Telvent’s chairman and CEO, Ignacio Gonzalez, â€œAviation operators outside of the U.S. have previously had to rely on internet sources of questionable quality to obtain the weather briefing information that is critical for aviation decision-making. This expansion of real-time weather forecasting will enhance safety for both crews and passengers.â€
Available in both English and Spanish, MxVision AviationSentry Online global edition is certified as a Qualified Internet Communications Provider (QICP) by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration.
Telvent (NASDAQ: TLVT) is a global IT solutions and business information services provider dedicated to helping improve efficiency, safety and security for the worldâ€™s leading companies. Telvent serves markets that are critical to the sustainability of the planet, including the energy, transportation, agricultural and environmental sectors.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats