Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today the delivery of two S-76C++â„¢ helicopters to Heli-Union for use in offshore oil missions. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
The contract for these aircraft was signed in November 2010. With this delivery,
Heli-Union now has eight S-76C++ helicopters operating internationally.
â€œWe are proud that Heli-Union continues to grow its fleet with Sikorsky products to support its international operations,â€ said Joseph Gigantelli, Regional Sales Executive for Europe, Middle East, Turkey and Africa. â€œWe look forward to working with Heli-Union on future opportunities for the Sikorsky S-76Â® and S-92Â® platforms.â€
Heli-Union, based in Paris, France, conducts helicopter operations for offshore oil transport. It has successfully integrated Sikorsky helicopters into its fleet for more than 30 years.
â€œOur experience with the S-76C++ helicopter has been a sound one,â€ said LoÃ¯c Binard, Deputy Managing Director for Heli-Union. â€œThese additional aircraft are equipped with the latest navigation systems and offer greater transport capacity, comfort and increased safety. They provide a fine enhancement of our fleet.â€
The S-76C++ helicopter first entered service in 2005 and features powerful Turbomeca Arriel 2S2 engines with inlet barrier filters to protect the engines against erosion and environmental contaminants, a Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS), and a quiet main gearbox utilizing Quiet Zoneâ„¢ technology that significantly reduces interior noise levels without weight, maintenance or Time Between Overhaul penalties.
Since its introduction, more than 200 S-76C++ aircraft have been delivered to customers worldwide. The S-76 helicopter family will continue with the deliveries of the new S-76Dâ„¢ helicopter beginning in 2012.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program