Agusta Westland, a Finmeccanica company, has selected the e-APU60 of Microturbo (Safran group), a new concept of auxiliary power unit specially designed to meet the requirements of new-generation aircraft which will need more electrical power, to be installed on the AW149, new-generation medium class multi-role helicopter.
The key features of the e-APU60 that have contributed to this selection are: best power-to-weight ratio, exceptional compactness, streamlined architecture and high pressure cycle based on innovative technologies, insuring high reliability, low operating cost and remarkable performance.
The e -APU60, capable of delivering electrical power up to 60 kWe, will ensure the electrical start-up of the engines (on-ground and in case of in-flight shutdown) and also cabin warm-up.
â€œMicroturbo is particularly proud to be a part of this programâ€ said Jean-Baptiste Jarin, Commerce and Customer Support Director. â€œDevelopment of the e-APU60 is progressing as planned and the delivery of a first system for flight tests is scheduled this summerâ€ added Pierre-Yves Morvan, Chief Executive Officer.
As for the AW149, this new APU EASA and FAA certification is on schedule. The e -APU60 will be certified for use in the essential category by the end of 2012, before the qualification of this new helicopter in 2013.
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Leonardo could move AW149 line to Yeovil UK
- EXCLUSIVE – Royal Thai Army buys AW149 and six AW139s
- Leonardo exhibiting at Seafuture & Maritime Technologies event
- New Polish Government questions Airbus Helicopter H225M deal
- PZL-Świdnik files law suit after failed helicopter bid
- PZL Swidnik issues statement regarding Polish military selection
- AW149 Helicopter landed at the European Economic Congress
- AgustaWestland signs Offset MoUs with industrial partners in Poland
- Italian Defence Minister visits PZL-Świdnik
- PZL-Świdnik to exhibit the AW149 at MSPO 2014
- AW149 Achieves Military Certification
- AgustaWestland impresses with Farnborough line-up
- PZL-Świdnik presents AW149 at “Bemowo On Air 2013”
- AW149 on Display at MSPO 2013
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- PZL-Świdnik exhibits advanced technology at EUROPOLTECH 2013
- Ministry of Economy delegation visits PZL-Świdnik
- AgustaWestland AW149 / AW189 flight testing in Arizona
- AgustaWestland displays AW149 at MSPO 2012