Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today an agreement to sell an S-92® and two S-76C++™ helicopters to the Milestone Aviation Group, a global finance company that purchases and leases helicopters to high quality helicopter operators. Sikorsky, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), announced the sale at the ongoing Paris Air Show.
All three aircraft are scheduled for delivery this year, starting in the third quarter.
In December 2010, Milestone Aviation purchased five S-76C++ helicopters, which can serve many roles such as offshore oil worker transport, VIP transport including Head of State, air ambulance, search and rescue, and civil defense. Sikorsky is now transitioning to the next model in the highly successful S-76® aircraft line, the S-76D™ helicopter, which has entered production.
“In a very short time, Milestone Aviation has become an important and highly valued customer. We deeply appreciate their business and look forward to growing our relationship,” said Carey Bond, President of Sikorsky Global Helicopters, which develops and produces civil certified helicopters and their derivatives. Sikorsky Global Helicopters’ products include the S-76, S-92® and H-92™ helicopters as well as the S-300C™, S-300 CBi™, S-333™ and S-434™ light helicopters. Also part of Sikorsky Global helicopters is Associated Aircraft Group (AAG), a provider of charter and fractional ownership services.
“Our most recent purchase is further testament to the quality of the Sikorsky product line. Demand for these machines is extraordinary, so they will quickly be in the field doing mission critical or utility work with operators in oil and gas, EMS or Search and Rescue sectors,” said Richard Santulli, Chairman of Milestone.
Milestone Aviation Group is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains operations in Colts Neck, N.J., and Columbus, Ohio. The company provides 100 percent operating lease financing for high quality operators globally. Since launching in August 2010, Milestone has leased more than two dozen helicopters and private jets valued at over $200 million. The company has signed commitments that will push that total to over $300 million by the end of the year. Further information is available at www.milestoneaviation.com.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems.
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too