PARIS â€“ Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. announced today at the Paris Air Show that Colombiaâ€™s UH-60 BLACK HAWK helicopter fleet has surpassed the 300,000 flight hour milestone. Colombiaâ€™s Army, National Police, and Air Force combine to operate nearly 100 BLACK HAWK helicopters for a variety of missions including search and rescue, medical evacuation, disaster relief, anti-drug, and counter-insurgency operations. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
The BLACK HAWK helicopter was first introduced in Colombia in 1987 when the Air Force purchased its first few aircraft from the United States Government through the Foreign Military Sales system. The Colombian Army followed with its own first purchase of BLACK HAWK helicopters in 1997, and the National Police procured its first six aircraft in 1999.
Outside the United States, Colombia operates the worldâ€™s fourth largest BLACK HAWK helicopter fleet and the largest procured to date via the U.S. Governmentâ€™s Foreign Military Sales channel. Turkey, Japan and Korea have larger BLACK HAWK fleets resulting from either direct purchase from Sikorsky or to Sikorsky-licensed domestic production.
â€œWe congratulate the Colombian military and National Police for achieving the 300,000 fleet hour milestone, and we thank them for the trust they have shown in our aircraft for nearly a quarter of a century,â€ said John Pacelli, Vice President, International Military Business for Sikorsky.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- DynCorp Awarded UH-60 Contractor Logistics Support Services Task Order
- Philippines orders 15 Black Hawks
- NY National Guard honours UH-60 crash aircrew
- 02-Feb-21 (tba) Sikorsky UH-60 Lucky Peak, US-Idaho (3F)
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for Electro-Optical Sensor Mount
- 31-Dec-20 J-1902 Sikorsky UH-60M Istanbul, Turkey
- CAE win $90M US Army training contract
- Maine Army National Guard works closer with community leaders
- Wisconsin National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk aircrews hold training at Fort McCoy
- 27-Aug-20 ??-????? Sikorsky MH-60M San Clemente Island, US-California (2F)
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Helinet enters firefighting market with UH-60 contract win
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60