The Dutch Rotorcraft Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (R-UAV) manufacturer GEOCOPTER from the Netherlands officially delivered its first Light Unmanned Rotorcraft System, designated GC-201, to its launching customer and development partner: the National Aerospace Laboratory (NLR).
The GC-201 is a versatile unmanned system, designed and built like a normal helicopter. It has received official CS-LURS Class 1 approval from the Dutch CAA.Â The main system features are: twin gasturbine engine propulsion system capable of flying single engine, a very light weight innovative carbon fiber fuselage and full automatic take-off, mission and landing capability.
Today, CEO of GEOCOPTER, Mr. Roland Haarbrink, has symbolically handed over the title of ownership to the CEO of NLR, Mr. Michel Peters.
Michel Peters, CEO of NLR: â€œThis is another successful result of our mission as NLR to support the national industry and innovate for and with Dutch companies, either big or small, like GEOCOPTER. If you have an innovative idea and we believe in it, we can bring the idea to success together. My special thanks to the Netherlands Ministry of Defence who partially supported this innovative program. We wish GEOCOPTER a fruitful success with the GC-201 and will continue our efforts to support the evolution of the system.â€
Roland Haarbrink, CEO of GEOCOPTER: â€œWe are proud having delivered the approved GC-201 to our launching customer NLR. We are looking forward to continuing our collaboration with the NLR, and are dedicated to serve our customers with this beautiful product.â€
GEOCOPTER is a Dutch company producing, selling and maintaining complete R-UAVs.Â The systems are delivered with pilot station, training and integrated sensors.Â They are located in Venlo, the Netherlands.
NLR, the organization for applied Aerospace Research & Development in the Netherlands, is a not-for-profit impartial research enterprise, founded in 1919. NLR has a long track record and experience in aeronautical research & development and supports primarily the Dutch aerospace industry and government with innovative solutions in all aspects from aircraft design, manufacturing, usage and air traffic management. NLR supports most aircraft manufacturers around the world and has the ambition to further expand their global partnerships.
Photo Credit: Rotorspot/JMakkus
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios
- Police Aviation News – August 2020 Edition