An agreement formalizing the industrial and commercial scope of the Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering joint venture â€“ which will assemble and customize EC145 helicopters at a new facility in Astana â€“ was signed in Paris today by Eurocopter President & CEO Lutz Bertling and Bolat Smagulov, President of Kazakhstan Engineering, in the presence of French and Kazakh prime ministers FranÃ§ois Fillon and Karim Massimov.
The accord marks an important milestone in the joint ventureâ€™s establishment, which this year plans to assemble and deliver the first six of 45 EC145s to be acquired through 2016 by the Kazakh government.
Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering also will develop local maintenance and training capabilities to support EC145 operations in the country, as well as across the new customs union zone created by Kazakhstan, Russia and Belarus last summer, and throughout the entire Central Asian zone. Additionally, the organization will oversee sales activities these areas.
â€œThis joint venture holds particular importance for Eurocopter, as it gives us a key presence in a rapidly-developing country,â€ Bertling said. â€œWe foresee many new opportunities for the EC145 in this part of the world, based on the helicopterâ€™s capacity for missions in support of the oil and gas, mining, parapublic, government and corporate sectors, and in other applications as well.â€
The first six EC145s to be assembled at Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineeringâ€™s facility at Astana Airport are to be utilized by Kazakhstanâ€™s Defense Ministry and the Ministry of Emergency Situations for such operations as medical airlift and search & rescue missions.
â€œAs the first cooperation of this magnitude between our country and any helicopter manufacturer, Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering will help develop new expertise in high-technology industries,â€ Smagulov stated.
The multi-mission EC145 is at the top of its class in the medium-sized, twin-engine helicopter category. Bringing together Eurocopterâ€™s latest developments in advanced cockpit design, avionics and rotor system, this helicopter is perfectly adapted for the most demanding operational conditions, especially in the very low temperatures that can be found in Kazakhstan (certified at -45Â°).
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana