For 25 years starting from Mannheim Airport, a helicopter rescue of the DRF to its operations.
Since it was launched on 1st July 1986, “Christoph 53” has flown over 16,600 missions from its base in Mannheim, Germany.Â A celebration was held on Friday 1st to mark the occasion, with around 80 invited guests at the event hosted by Steffen Lutz, Chief of DRF Air Rescue.Â Initially oeprating around 300 missions a year, the Eurocopter EC135 of Christoph 53 now sees over 1,300 flights a year.Â In 2012 they hope to go 24×7 with round-the-clock oeprations, the first such helicopter in the Germany state of Baden-WÃ¼rttemberg.
The event also heard speeches of thanks fromÂ Christian Specht, the Mayor of Mannheim, Frank Winkler, Deputy Director of the Association of Health Insurance Association of Baden-Wuerttemberg, and Reinhard Becker, CEO of City Airport Mannheim, who echoed the local populations appreciation by saying how proud htey were to host DRF on their airport.
On Satuday 2nd, an open day was held for the public, allowing them to look over the EC135 among other events.
Apart from the three crew, the five suited gentlemen are, from left – Reinhard Becker, CEO of City Airport Mannheim, Frank Winkler, Deputy Director of the Association of Health Insurance Association of the Representation of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Steffen Lutz, Chief of the DRF Air Rescue, Christian Specht, Mayor of the Mannheim, as well as station manager Franz Becker.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)