AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that Capitale Helicoptere of Canada has signed a contract for three AW169 helicopters. These aircraft will be used to perform charter, VIP transport, utility and medevac operations.
This contract marks the first Canadian order for the AW169 helicopter. A significant number of firm orders have already been logged worldwide for a range of applications. The AW169 helicopter program, which was unveiled at the Farnborough International Air Show in July 2010, is progressing as planned with the first flight scheduled in 2012 and certification with a range of mission equipment in 2015. Deliveries are expected to follow immediately after certification is obtained.
Lou Bartolotta, Executive Vice President Sales for North America, AgustaWestland said “We are pleased to sign this contract with Capitale Helicoptere for the new AW169. This achievement demonstrates the enthusiastic response of the North American market to the first new generation helicopter introduced into this weight class in decades. Capitale Helicoptere, and other AW169 customers, will benefit from unprecedented levels of versatility, the latest navigation and mission technology and low operating costs.”
A versatile, new generation twin engine light intermediate category helicopter, the AW169 has been designed in response to the growing market demand for an aircraft that delivers high performance, meets all the latest safety standards and has multi-role capabilities. The 4.5 ton AW169 incorporates several new technology features to provide the highest levels of safety and operational benefits for its customers. New generation technologies are incorporated in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems. The AW169 is set to be the most advanced and cost-effective helicopter in its class for EMS/SAR, law enforcement, passenger and offshore transport and utility missions.
Headquartered at the Quebec Airport, just outside Quebec City, Capitale Helicoptere provides a range of helicopter services including VIP charter, aerial utility services, tours and excursions, maintenance and training, medical evacuation. Capitale Helicoptere currently works under contract with the Canadian Government, Quebec Provincial Government, Hydro-Quebec and numerous engineering firms throughout Eastern Canada. In July 2011, Capitale Helicoptere breaks ground at Quebec City Airport for a new 58,000 sq ft facility that will include VIP hangar space for private owners, maintenance facilities and a showroom to display helicopters. The Complexe Capitale Helicoptere will be one of the largest of its kind in North America and is planned to open in early 2012.
- Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex marks 30 years with royal visitor
- Travis County STAR Flight selects Axnes PNG for new AW169 fleet
- Leonardo delivers its 100th AW169
- First AW169 EMS Helicopter Fleet in US in Service
- UK AOC for NHV Group granted; new AW169 operating base at Blackpool in prospect?
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- Daegu Fire Department to take delivery of new AW169
- NHV orders two AW169 for offshore operations
- AW169 helicopter to enter offshore operations in Africa
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior