Following a last minute rally led by the Czech Air Force, a Mini-HeliDays event will take place at Weston-super-Mare this year after all, using the Heliport at The Helicopter Museum instead of the traditional sea front venue.
Taking place on the weekend of 23rd-24th July, the helicopter line up is expected to include at least two Russian aircraft operated by the Czech Air Force, as well as other fly-in visitors.
Event Organiser, Elfan Ap Rees said â€œWe hope this mini-event will keep the HeliDays tradition alive and in fact this will be the first time the Czech Air Force has visited Weston. If all goes well they will be bringing a Mil Mi-17 assault helicopter and a Mi-24 â€œHindâ€ gunship â€“ again another first for the town. A formidable opponent during the Cold War , the Hind is Russia’s answer to our own Apache attack helicopter.â€
Entry to the Mini-HeliDays will be included at no extra charge in the normal Helicopter Museum admission charges with free entry to Gift Aid Museum Ticket Holders.
Opening hours 10am â€“ 5.30 pm both days.
Further information can be found on www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk
- Mil Moscow and UTair-Engineering sign agreement for upgrading Mi-8/17
- Serbia to Order more Mi-17/Mi-35s from Russia
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Russian Helicopters transfers repaired Mi-17s to Laos
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- Russian Helicopters complete six Mi-17 overhauls
- Senegalese Air Force to train using Thales solution
- Nepal Army defends its decision over helicopter procurement process
- Fort Rucker passes MI-17 training to Afghanistan
- US plans up to 159 refurbished Black Hawks for Afghanistan
- 29-May-17 SMH-589 Mil Mi-17 Baddegama, Sri Lanka
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-17 Neluwa, Sri Lanka
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-17 Chilov Island, Azerbaijan
- Russian Helicopters approves Iranian service centre
- Russian Helicopters to overhaul four Hungarian Mi-17s
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters completes overhaul of 19 Mexican Navy Mi-17s
- Russian Helicopters seeks long-term MRO contract for Indian Mi-17 fleet
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters