True Blue PowerÂ®, a division of Mid-Continent Instruments and manufacturer of advanced Friendly Lithium power management solutions, announced today a contract with Eurocopter Deutschland, a subsidiary of European Aeronautics Defense and Space Company (EADS), to provide the True Blue Power MD835 Emergency Power Supply (EPS) for the EC135 and EC145 T2 next generation civilian helicopters.
The MD835 is the industryâ€™s first EPS to feature A123 Systemsâ€™ innovative NanophosphateÂ® lithium-ion chemistry. The cutting-edge battery technology offers stable chemistry, faster charging, consistent output, excellent cycle life and superior cost performance. This translates into smaller, lighter products that are less than half the size and weight of existing solutions.
â€œIt is a great honor to have Eurocopter as our first European OEM customer for the MD835 Emergency Power Supply,â€ stated Tom Genovese, director of sales for Mid-Continent Instruments. â€œThe MD835 was selected because of its high performance, low maintenance requirements, lower cost of ownership and a 63 percent weight savings over traditional lead-acid batteries. It clearly meets Eurocopterâ€™s exceptional standards for performance and reliability.â€
Eurocopter has a strong international presence with customers in over 147 countries, specializing in the manufacturing of civil and military helicopters designed to fly faster, farther and more safely, while reducing fuel consumption, noise levels and particle emissions.
International growth is a strategic focus for Mid-Continent Instruments. The company anticipates an increase in European customer sales due to the success of the Eurocopter agreement. Mid-Continent Instruments is working toward EASA approval for aftermarket MD835 installations in a wide range of rotorcraft and fixed-wing applications.
For more information about the MD835 Emergency Power Supply, True Blue Power or custom power management solutions, contact Tom Genovese, director of sales, at 316-630-0101 or visit www.truebluepowerusa.com
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White